19th April 2015, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Biophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Biochemistry?

Hello,
I am studying M.Sc in Biochemistry and I was a Life Sciences student in my B.Sc, now I want to do PhD in Biophysics. So please tell me I am eligible or not to do PhD in Biophysics? Kindly reply to me asap.

23rd April 2015, 12:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Biophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Biochemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying M.Sc in Biochemistry and I was a Life Sciences student in my B.Sc, now I want to do PhD in Biophysics. So please tell me I am eligible or not to do PhD in Biophysics? Kindly reply to me asap.
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course in Biophysics subject if you have best knowledge in Biophysics subject.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
25th April 2015, 10:24 PM
PATHGUIDE

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Biophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Biochemistry?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for PhD in biophysics after completing your M.Sc. in biochemistry.
You should appear for UGC/CSIR NET exam for getting admission in PhD program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?