22nd April 2015, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

What should I study in 11th among Science and Humanities to make a career in Civil Services? Procedure to appear in IAS exam if pursue 11th Science?

Hello everyone,
I am a student of 10th and I have given the final exams recently. I want to know that which stream Science or Humanities would be better for me in 11th as I am interested in going for Civil Services? At the same time I would like to know that if I take up Science in 11th then what is the procedure I have to follow for appearing in IAS exam?

23rd April 2015, 07:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in 11th among Science and Humanities to make a career in Civil Services? Procedure to appear in IAS exam if pursue 11th Science?

If you are interested to go into Civil Services, then, it is best to choose Non-Medical Science stream in your 11th and 12th standard. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you must have to complete Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university after completion of your 12th standard. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.
23rd April 2015, 09:23 AM
GoluBoss
Junior Member+

Default Re: What should I study in 11th among Science and Humanities to make a career in Civil Services? Procedure to appear in IAS exam if pursue 11th Science?

It will not matter much in Civil Service examination as your subjects in these examination are according as your subject in Bachelors degree.
So you can go on with any of the subjects either maths or humanities.
It will be better to have Mathematics ,if you like it, in 10+2.

To apply for IAS candidate need to have attained age of 21 ,holds a Bachelors degree and must be a citizen of India/Nepal/Bhutan.
First of all you need to study hard in 10+2 and in Bachelors to secure good marks then think of preparation for these examination .
23rd April 2015, 11:07 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

I think that you should opt the Science stream as it is quite interesting and has more technical knowledge. If you want to appear in the IAS exam then first of all you have to complete your higher secondary education with at least 60 percent marks. After that you have to complete your graduation from any well reputed college. After that you are eligible to attempt in the IAS eaxm.
23rd April 2015, 12:10 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To make career in Civil Services you can study Science or Humanities as per your choice.
I suggest you to study that field that you find easy for you because it will give more time to you to prepare for Civil Service Exam. The main thing is that you have to prepare for IAS, for that you have to work hard and consistently.

If you take up science in 11th you have to then completed your graduation degree after 12th class. You can do graduation degree in any discipline from any recognised university.
After completing graduation you have to apply for Civil Service Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year.

To apply for exam just go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

For detail about syllabus and examination pattern please go through the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 81 views)
23rd April 2015, 01:03 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: What should I study in 11th among Science and Humanities to make a career in Civil Services? Procedure to appear in IAS exam if pursue 11th Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I am a student of 10th and I have given the final exams recently. I want to know that which stream Science or Humanities would be better for me in 11th as I am interested in going for Civil Services? At the same time I would like to know that if I take up Science in 11th then what is the procedure I have to follow for appearing in IAS exam?
It really doesn't matter. Choice of subject in 11th and 12th or for that matter even in graduation. What I am trying to say is, if you made up your mind very clear about your career in Civil Services. I would recommend you to take up humanities right from 11th standard it self.

However, UPSC don't mind candidates applying from Mathematics background, engineering or medical fields. The eligibility criteria for educational requirements is just graduation from a recognized university be it from any subject.

The same process of recruitment is applicable for all candidates i.e., they may be from science, engineering, mathematics, medical, statistics or anything else.

Why Humanities? Might be your next question for a simple reason that Humanities is what most subjects of Civil Services Examination relates to not technical ones. Understanding history, modern culture, international affairs etc., will be a huge advantage during your selection process. Administration related courses in graduation will also help.
29th June 2019, 07:01 AM
Unregistered

Best humanity group cbse schools in india
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?