22nd April 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Sanskrit in BHU?

Hello guys,
I have done M.A. in Sanskrit and
I want to pursue PhD in Sanskrit.
Kindly tell me that what entrance exam
is there fr admission? I am doing my M.A.
from Lucknow University. I want to do PhD in BHU.
Kindly help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and requirements to apply for PhD in Sanskrit for M.A. candidate of Muzaffarpur University? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in BHU after completing GPAT exam? Will I get stipend during Ph.D?
  3. Maximum age limit to join as Government Teacher in Odisha for a candidate from OBC category?
  4. Last date to apply for Ph.D Entrance Exam in Sanskrit?
  5. Career scope of Sanskrit in India especially in Baroda? Should I go for Sanskrit or Hindi in MA course being a Post Graduate in Sociology?
  6. How to do Ph.d after passing M.A in Sanskrit?
  7. Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Sanskrit? Universities offering Ph.D without entrance? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I get admission in ICAR or BHU to study PhD in Horticulture?
  9. What is the syllabus of JNU PhD in Sanskrit entrance exam?
  10. Is PhD in Sociology course offered in BHU? Procedure to get admission?
  11. Date of Ph.D Entrance Exam for Sanskrit in Pune University? Will it be a good option of doing Ph.D?
  12. What is M.Phil sanskrit distance mode eligibility criteria?
  13. Steps to do PhD after M.Com? Subjects available in PhD entrance exam?
  14. When the application form for MFC entrance exam will be issued by BHU? Syllabus and date of entrance exam? Is there any exemption for student of BHU?
  15. BHU offers PhD in Biotechnology to M.Phil postgraduate?
  16. Date of entrance exam, last date of exam, eligibility and syllabus for M.Sc entrance exam of Banaras Hindu University?
  17. Entrance exams to do PhD in Political Science
  18. Being a housewife, how can I study M.A. in Sanskrit?
23rd April 2015, 08:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Sanskrit in BHU?

If you have got Master's degree in relevant discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized University then you are definitely eligible for admission. For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks and they need only 50% marks to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India.

Hence, if you have got your Master's degree in Sanskrit or its equivalent subject and a decent score in NET/SLET/JRF then you can apply for admission directly when the notification is released. Most of the Universities conduct their own entrance exam also for admission in Ph.D program and you can apply for them also.
24th April 2015, 07:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Sanskrit in BHU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys,
I have done M.A. in Sanskrit and
I want to pursue PhD in Sanskrit.
Kindly tell me that what entrance exam
is there fr admission? I am doing my M.A.
from Lucknow University. I want to do PhD in BHU.
Kindly help me.
You have completed M.A in Sanskrit so you are eligible to do Ph.D in BHU but you must have UGC NET score card.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
25th April 2015, 06:40 PM
HeroAmos

Youu have a master degree .so you are eligible for phd. You should have pass the NET exam for get admission for phd inBHU.

Qulification for NET exam is Passed in postgraduate with above 55% of marks.For sc/st students it is 50% marks only required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?