23rd April 2015, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Economics if completed Higher Secondary with Science?

Sir,
I have just passed Higher Secondary Education.
I am a Science student without Economics.
So, can I get B.Sc in Economics?
Waiting for your reply.

26th April 2015, 12:03 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Economics if completed Higher Secondary with Science?

Bachelor of Science(B.Sc) in Economics is a three years course. The candidate who is seeking admission in B.Sc Economics must have completed his 10+2 or Equivalent from recognized Board are eligible. Though you have completed you higher secondary with science, you are eligible to get admission in the B.Sc Economics.
26th April 2015, 12:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Economics if completed Higher Secondary with Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you can apply for B.Sc course in Economics because you have completed 12th standard in Science department.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for B.Sc in Economics.

Your minimum age should be 18 years.
26th April 2015, 04:11 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, surely you can opt for B.Sc in Economics course after having completed your HS with Science.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to pursue B.Sc in Economics course.

Kindly have a look.

Eligibility Criteria:

> Students who have cleared their class 12 with more than 55 percent marks can apply for this program.

> Minimum age to join this course is 18 years. There is no upper age limit
26th April 2015, 10:46 AM
Forumexpert
Member+

Quote:
Sir,
Waiting for your reply.
Sorry it is not possible for you to get admission in B.Sc Economics subject without Economics. You should study economics as a main subject at a 12th standard level to get a mission in B. Sc Economics

Eligibility to study B.SC Economics:

-> Candidates should have completed their 12th standard from any stream, with a Minimum mark of 50% s are eligible to get admission in B. Sc (Economics) course.

- Candidates should study Economics subject in 11th and 12th standard.

-> And also an admission process for this course varies from college to college. Some reputed B. Sc Economics colleges conduct an admission test. So, please prepare for the admission exam
26th April 2015, 11:15 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission to study B.Sc in Economics after completing Higher Secondary with science.

B.Sc Economics is a three year degree course which deals with the production, consumption and distribution of services and goods.

B.Sc Economics Eligibility :

Candidate must have passed 12th class with minimum 45% marks or equivalent from any recognised board.

List of good colleges for B.Sc Economics :
  • Punjabi University
  • Hindu College
  • Hindu Kanya College
  • Government Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls P.G. College
26th April 2015, 11:44 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Economics if completed Higher Secondary with Science?

Yes you are eligible for B.Sc Economics but only in the college which one provides admission on the behalf of merit list because if college have their own entrance test for admissions then you are not able to clear the test because you don't know a single word about commerce subjects but you know more about science subjects so its difficult to clear the test

So i would like to suggests you just fill up the forms of B.Sc economics as well as other courses so if you didn't got admission in B.Sc then you will get admission in any other Under Graduate Course in that case you will save your one precious year

It's difficult to study B.Sc economics in under Graduate course because you don't know anything about economics so go for science courses
26th April 2015, 01:13 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their 12th standard in any stream are eligible to get admission in B.Sc(Economics) course. So, you are eligible to apply for admission in B.Sc(Economics) course. The B.Sc(Economics) course admission procedure varies from one college to another college, as some top colleges are conducting admission test, while some colleges are offering admissions on the basis of 12th standard percentage. So, the admission procedure depends upon the college, in which you wish to join.
26th April 2015, 02:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission to study B.Sc in Economics course after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream. The duration of this course is 3 years after completion of your 12th standard. To get admission in this course, you must have to score at least an aggregate of 40% marks in your 12th standard. Since, you had completed your 12th standard with Science stream, you are eligible to get admission to study B.Sc. in Economics course.
26th April 2015, 07:14 PM
rishab mittal111

Yes, definately you get admission in the B.S.C Economics . There is no compulsary thats only those student takes the admission in the B.S.C Economics which passed there 12th in the economics subject.

If you doing your secondary class in the science steam then you sure to take admission in the B.S.C economics. There are following assumptions i mention below..

1.You have atleast 55 % marks in your secondary examination.

2. Your age must ne below the 18.
Thanks !!!
27th April 2015, 09:42 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Exclamation Re: Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Economics if completed Higher Secondary with Science?

Quote:
Sir,
Waiting for your reply.

Since, you have passed your Higher Secondary Education with the Science as a subject then how can you expect to get the Economics in your B.Sc course. Even though, if you get Economics as a Subject in your B.Sc then also it is quite difficult for you if you get Economics as a subject. So, just think one more time before taking any further decision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?