28th April 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army for 22 years old B.Com candidate? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?

Hello,
I am from Mumbai and my age is 22 years. I will complete my Graduation in Commerce stream from Mumbai University in this year. I want to ask that can I apply for Indian Army now and if yes what will be the procedures to be followed and which can be the better post to be applied in the Indian Army as I am doing B.Com?

29th April 2015, 06:08 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for 22 years old B.Com candidate? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?

If you want to enter Indian Army field and want to serve the nation through your services in Army then you have a very good thought and as per my judgement and knowledge, you are still eligible to get into the army of India because you have not crossed the maximum age limit required to be in the army that is why you can apply for following job and become an officer in army.

UPSC conducts CDS - Combined Defense Service examination twice a year and there are various wings in this exam which are :

IMA - Indian Military Academy
INA - Indian Naval Academy
IAF - Indian Air Force Academy
OTA - Officers Training Academy

As per your qualification, you are eligible to apply for IMA - Indian Military Academy examination because a candidate having bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is eligible to apply for this wing.

Age of the candidate should not be less than 19 years and more than 24 years and upper age is relaxable as per government guidelines.

You can also apply for OTA - Officers Training Academy section because this also accepts candidates having any degree from a recognized university but age should be between 19-25 years and both male and female candidates are allowed to apply for this wing job.

You still have 3 years to enter the army field that is why you must not wait and when the vacancy declares, then you must apply for a job.

Except this, there are some other ranks/ posts available in defense field through one exam which is :

UPSC Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2015 : UPSC conduct written exam and interview to recruit ACs in Indian Defense Services which is a very reputed and big post in this field that you can not achieve easily so you have a very good opportunity to apply for this job because it requires any degree and age should not be less than 20 years and more than 25 years to be eligible for this job.

The good news is that, the job is currently open and last date for online registration is 15th May 2015 so you have a grand opportunity to prove yourself in this atmosphere so apply online for this job and start preparation for examination.

I have also mentioned the names of some books which will be useful for you in preparation :

Disha Experts for UPSC AC examination.
Unique Publishers - UPSC Assistant Commandant guide
GK Publication - UPSC AC recruitment exam book and practice tests.
19th July 2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for 22 years old B.Com candidate? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?

Dear Sir,
I am 21 years old and have completed my graduation from Mumbai University. I am very much interested to join Indian Army / Military. But I am confused to how get entry into it because I also tried to search on Google but I didn't found the exact and precise information. So can u please help me out with it. Also I wanted to ask that, my weight is 85kg and I'm having specs. So, will my eyesight and weight can be abarrier for me??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?