1st May 2015, 08:40 PM
Rakshit balaji

What is the purpose of NATA exam? Best college to study Architecture?

Respected sir /madam
I want to know about the nata exam and what is the purpose of the exam and when I would write the nata exam and I want a best college for studing architecture.

Related Questions:
  1. Any college in which I could get after scoring 169 marks in AIEEE Architecture? Is it possible to get a college for Architecture without giving NATA?
  2. Sample question papers and reference books to prepare for NATA?
  3. Syllabus for Architecture exams like AIEEE & NATA? How to prepare?
  4. Alternative ways of studying Architechture and Interior Designing without taking up NATA? Architecture colleges in Bangalore? How to prepare for NATA?
  5. What all are the requirements for getting an architecture (NATA) seat? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I study Architecture without giving NATA Exam having secured only 45 marks in Mathematics of 10+2?
  7. Can I get admission in good college with a good score of AIEEE and NATA? Is Architecture course at Goa college, good?
  8. How to join UG course under the course of Architecture?
  9. Whether NATA score is necessary to apply for Diploma in Architecture courses at IGNOU or any other Government college? Opportunities of diploma in Architecture course?
  10. Is NATA sufficient to get into Architecture college in Bangalore? Do we have to answer CET?
  11. In which Architecture colleges can I get admission after scoring 72% in HSc and 82 in NATA?
  12. What should I do? I want to pursue B.Arch course but I have sent my AIEEE application form for B.Tech course. Would I get admission in a good college after securing a good rank in AIEEE or NATA?
  13. Affordable government Architecture colleges having 90 marks in NATA?
  14. Which are the good institutes which give admission through AIEEE and not through CCB?
  15. Date of NATA exam? Coaching institutes in Bangalore for NATA preparation?
  16. How to apply for NATA? How may I get admission in Belgaum (Gogte Institute of Technology) or BV Bhoomreddy engineering college(Hubli)? I'm studyin in 12th std and interested in Architecture
  17. How can I prepare for NATA? What is the study material for NATA?
  18. Which college will I get in Mumbai? Will I get B.Arch in Asmita College of Architecture?
1st May 2015, 10:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the purpose of NATA exam? Best college to study Architecture?

NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. This entrance exam is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture which is body of Council of Architecture in India, New Delhi.

This exam gives opportunity to join top colleges for candidates who wish to pursue undergraduate courses in Architecture.

Eligibility Criteria:

You must have passed the higher secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized board to apply for exam.

Mathematics must one of the qualifying subjects to apply for the exam. Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 is necessary to apply for the exam.

The minimum age limit to apply for the exam is 17 years.

Examination pattern:

The entrance exam has three sections:

>>First Section includes a drawing paper of 120 minutes duration.

>>Section two includes a computer related online aesthetic sensitivity exam of 1hr duration.

>>Third section has free hand sketching.

It is conducted form April to August. Online registration started from 30/03/2015. For more details about this exam, visit www.nata.in.

Best college for Architecture in India:

1. School of Planning and Architecture.

2. Chandigarh College of Architecture.

3. SIR J.J College of Architecture.

4. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

5. Jadavpur University.
1st May 2015, 11:53 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the purpose of NATA exam? Best college to study Architecture?

NATA is (National Aptitude Test for Architecture) which is conducted for the admission in Architecture in engineering stream special for the drawings and architectural purpose where knowledge of drawing and architecture knowledge is examined for every candidate wanted to get admission in Architecture.

Best architecture collage of India in Architecture are -

1. Hindustan university, Chennai
Tamil Nadu

2. Indian institute of technology, Roorkee
Uttarakhand

3. Lovely Professional University, patiala
Punjab

4. School of planning and Architecture, Delhi NCR
Delhi

5. National institute of technology, Tirchy
Tamil Nadu

6. Birla institute of technology, Ranchi
Jharkhand

7. Indian institute of technology, kharagpur
West bengal

8. National institute of technology, Calicut
Kerala

9. Chandigarh University, Chandigarh

10. Anna University, Chennai
Tamil Nadu

These are the top 10 institute for this course in India.
2nd May 2015, 12:04 AM
poojasingh151

NATA is the National Aptitude Test in Architecture.

The main purpose of this entrance test is to select the candidates who want to pursue undergraduate courses in architecture.

After 10+2, you are eligible to appear for this exam.

Best college for Architecture:

~~Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.

~~Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.

~~Jadavpur University.

~~Sir J.J College of Architecture.

~~National institute of Technology, Warangal.

Official website: www.nata.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?