7th May 2015, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do LLB course if I am 27 years old and passed till 12th standard?

I am 27 years and passed 12th and a house wife l am interested to do llb can I have a chance to do llb? What would be the minimum criteria they will ask for doing LLB course? Who are all eligible to apply? Can you please provide me the information soon as possible?

Thanks!

7th May 2015, 02:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do LLB course if I am 27 years old and passed till 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 27 years and passed 12th and a house wife l am interested to do llb can I have a chance to do llb? What would be the minimum criteria they will ask for doing LLB course? Who are all eligible to apply? Can you please provide me the information soon as possible?

Thanks!
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for LLB course.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years for under graduate course.

Best books for LLB entrance exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)
7th May 2015, 07:26 AM
shekhartyagi50

Default Re: Am I eligible to do LLB course if I am 27 years old and passed till 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
For LLB there is an entrance exam held every year named CLAT if your are thinking in with that test than you are not applicable as they requires age less than 20 years.
Besides that you have got a chance to take admission now on the basis of direct admission which requires two things one is your 12 standard marks and more important role that can play in your case is that your relation with that college if someone you know who can make things easy for you over there than it can save your lots of money.
Because the easiest way is to go for government colleges but this possible through entrance exam only.
So you have got a chance of direct admission you can think about it.
7th May 2015, 09:08 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility criteria to apply for admission in LLB Course :

Candidate should have passed class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board with minimum 45% marks and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates.

Age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years for UR and OBC and 22 years for SC/ST category candidates.

You have crossed the age of 22 years that is why you are not eligible to apply for admission in this course but there are some colleges which offers LLB course for candidates older in age so do not worry because you are eligible.

But there is a particular condition that a candidate applying for admission in LLB course should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university so if you have a bachelor's degree then you can apply for LLB course at any stage of your age but you have not got the graduation degree.

The only way to get admission in LLB course for you, is that you need to apply for a bachelor's degree like BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BCA/ BBA etc. and complete it and when it completes then you need to find a better college/ institute/ university to apply for admission in LLB course and get your degree.

I have listed names of some institutes/ colleges/ universities offers LLB course on graduation level :

>> Cochin University for Science and Technology
>> Jamia Milia University
>> Barkatullah University - Bhopal
>> National university of Advanced Legal Studies
>> University of Calcutta
>> Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
>> Allahabad University
>> Bharthi Vidhyapeeth Institute
7th May 2015, 11:45 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say this you are not eligible to apply for LLB Undergraduate program when consider your age limits.For the details regarding the eligibility criteria you need to have a look on the below limits.

Eligibility criteria for LLB Under graduate program :

1.You should complete 10+2 with minimum 45% of marks from the recognized university for Gen and OBC candidates.

2.There is a percentage relaxation of 5% for the SC/ST candidates(i.e., 40%)

3.Maximum Age should be : 20 years

4.But you need to give an exam called " CLAT " for LLB Course.

So you don't have eligibility when we take your information into the consideration.
7th May 2015, 12:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor legislative law and after pursuing which one heads toward becoming a lawyer which is one of the most administrative post .

The LLB course are offered in two ways one way is of 3 years course for student having done their graduation and the other way is of 5 years course for student having done their senior secondary education .

Yes you are definitely eligible for the same course of 5 years having done your 12th and being 27 years old as there is no age limit for the same course .

But your 12th standard degree must be from a recognized school/college affiliated to recognized board .

Also for pursuing this course from top law colleges you should look to compete for Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ) .Otherwise you can do the same course from any other private college offering the same course .
7th May 2015, 03:28 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Its very good that you want to relive the interest that u had.
Since you have mainly asked about the age criteria and hence we will be keeping our discussion limited to that only.

According to the bar council of India, now there is no upper limit of age for doing the LLB course.
Earlier it was 30 years but now that rule has been abolished.

So, you have a very good opportunity to complete your LLB.

Other qualifications regarding the same course is just intermediate. if you have completed intermediate then you are eligible as per the educational qualification.
7th May 2015, 07:46 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say, You are not eligible.

Common Law Admission Test(CLAT)

CLAT entrance exam conduct for LLB course from government recognized universities.

LLB is five year integrated programme. Candidate should have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum 45% marks for General/OBC/PWD candidates, and minimum 40% marks for SC/ST candidates.

Age of candidate should be maximum 20 years. SC/ST candidates age should be 22 year.
7th May 2015, 08:29 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to do LLB course if I am 27 years old and passed till 12th standard?

No you are not eligible for LLB because Maximum age is 20 years (22 for SC/ST candidates)

You must appear in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) used to get admission in India's premier Law Institutes (including the National Law Institutes) in undergraduate (LL.B) and postgraduate (LL.M) law degree courses.

Education: Candidate should have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum 45% marks for General/OBC/PWD categories, and minimum 40% marks for SC/ST categories
7th May 2015, 10:26 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# The profession of advocate is considered most noble profession.

# An advocate has to work hard with patience and perseverance in his career.

# It is the knowledge of the laeyer that assists the court in coming to the conclusion of a case and settle the legal issues.

# The Bar Council of India is authorised to regulate the education of law as well as profession of law.

# In order to become a lawyer one has to go for either 5 year or 3 year programme in law from an recognised university/institute only through regular mode.

# It is upto to the aspirant either go for 5 years law course after 10+2 or go for 3 years law course after graduation in any discipline.

# Few prominent law education imparting universities/colleges are mentioned below:

* Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi
* Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
* Kurukshetra University, Haryana
* National Law School of India, Bangalore
16th June 2022, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

I am 28 yrs old can I apply for law college??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?