9th May 2015, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?

I have passed Bsc and Msc both in electronics(Bsc and Msc comes in basic sciences)..But i want to do Phd in engineering.the criteria for Btech students is that minimum cgpa of 7.5 and a valid gate score, I dont unterstand whether Equivalent of Btech cgpa is Msc cgpa or combined cgpa of Msc and Bsc both... that is which formula of the two give below is correct no. 1 or no. 2.
(No 1)Btech cgpa = msc cgpa or (no 2)btech cgpa = cgpa (msc bsc).

21st May 2015, 12:16 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?

You will not be able to do your PhD in Engineering you can do your PhD in the course of Electronics and in that you will not have any problem.
You will have to make sure that you are able crack the NET Examination and after that you will able to get admission to the Course of PhD in Electronics.
You will require around about 60% marks in both your B.Sc and your M.Sc and the you will be able to get the chance to study the course of PhD in Electronics.
So you will not have to think about the CGPA Equivalent of the B.Tech and you must start your preparation for the NET Examination.
16th August 2015, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?

hello
I have done B.tech in ECE and now I want to do PhD in mathematics so I have to do MSc in mathematics. Can I apply for MSc after B.tech and Can I do MSc in correspondence for PhD?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?