9th May 2015, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Steps to be taken to become a Sales Tax or Income Tax Officer?

Am still pursuing my BBM( Bachelors of Business Management) and am 18 year old student .
I want to become an salestax or Income tax officer so after completing my graduation in BBM , what are the immediate steps to b taken to become sales tax or income tax officer?

11th May 2015, 09:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to be taken to become a Sales Tax or Income Tax Officer?

To become an Income Tax officer, you need to appear in Staff Selection Commission (SSC) exam. The Staff Service Commission (SSC) examination conducts an entrance exam for the recruitment of candidates for various posts in the income tax department every year. To be eligible to appear in SSC exam, you must have to satisfy eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be at least 18 years old and maximum age should not exceed more than 27 years at the time of applying for the SSC exam. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

Candidates who qualify written test will be called for Personal Interview round. Candidates who perform well in Personal Interview round are finally selected for the post of an Income Tax Officer.
12th May 2015, 02:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To become Sales Tax Officer or Income Tax Officer, the minimum educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you are still pursuing BBM, I suggest you to wait till you complete your Graduation or else you can start applying for these examinations when you will be pursuing final year of BBM (Bachelor of Business Management). To become Sales Tax Officer or Income Tax Officer, you are required to write "Combined Graduate Level Examination" which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission which is an examination conducting agency. You can start applying for SSC CGL Recruitment when you will be final year of BBM and while you apply the application form and giving preferences, you are required to choose officer posts in tax departments as your first priorities. I suggest you to start your strong preparation for SSC CGL Examination from this year onwards to secure good marks when you give the examination.
13th May 2015, 02:30 PM
pjgp

Eligibilities to become income tax officer:
candidate should qualify in the bachelor's degree.
Age limit should be between 18 to 27.
3 year relaxation for OBC.
5 year relaxation for Sc/ST.
Procedure:
step1:fill application form.
Step2reliminary exam
step3:main exam
step4ersonality test
13th April 2018, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Al teast give one example of personality test of income tax officer so students can familiar about which type of question can ask
Please reply soon many students are still waiting
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?