12th May 2015, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

What shall I do after Higher Secondary education to join Indian Army? Opportunities available for women in Army?

sir,
i am a plus two student. I like to join army what i shall do after my higher secondary education to join indian army? what are the opportunities for women in army?

13th May 2015, 06:55 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do after Higher Secondary education to join Indian Army? Opportunities available for women in Army?

After 12th class female candidates are not eligible for Indian Army.
To join Indian Army you must have a graduation Degree. First of all get admission n any graduation course and get a degree.

After graduation you can apply for CDS exam to join Indian Army.
CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year in the month of February and August.

Eligibility for Indian Army through CDS :

Educational Qualification : Candidate must have a degree from any recognised university or equivalent.

Age Limits : Age of candidate must be from 19 to 24 years for Indian Military Academy and 19 to 25 years for Officers' Training Academy.

Please find the attachment for Syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAMINATION.pdf(34.8 KB, 52 views)
13th May 2015, 07:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do after Higher Secondary education to join Indian Army? Opportunities available for women in Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i am a plus two student. I like to join army what i shall do after my higher secondary education to join indian army? what are the opportunities for women in army?
After completion of higher secondary, you can do your graduation degree because without graduation degree, you can't join in Indian Army. Because you are a female candidate. You can join Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?