14th May 2015, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Sc in Statistics for a candidate who has completed Higher Secondary with Biological Science?

Sir,
I have complete my Higher Secondary course with Biological Science and I would like to study B.Sc in Statistics. So that I want to know that I am eligible for getting admission in B.Sc in Statistics in this case or not?

15th May 2015, 02:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Sc in Statistics for a candidate who has completed Higher Secondary with Biological Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have complete my Higher Secondary course with Biological Science and I would like to study B.Sc in Statistics. So that I want to know that I am eligible for getting admission in B.Sc in Statistics in this case or not?
No, you are not eligible for B.Sc in Statistics.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Mathematics/Statistics subject are eligible for B.Sc in Statistics.

Your age should be above 17 years.
15th May 2015, 04:16 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Sc in Statistics for a candidate who has completed Higher Secondary with Biological Science?

If you have studies Mathematics subject in Higher Secondary then you are eligible for B.Sc in Statistics.

B.Sc. Statistics Eligibility:
Candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream with mathematics subject from recognised board.

List of some good B.Sc. Statistics Colleges :
  • Ranchi University
  • Kannur University
  • Awantika College
  • University of Lucknow
15th May 2015, 05:30 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You will be able to get admission to the course of B.Sc in Statistics only if you had Mathematics as one if the Subjects in your Class 12 Board Examination Subjects.
If you were having Mathematics as one of the Subjects and if you are having a good marks in that subject then you will be able to get admission to the course of B.Sc in Statistics.
So if you are having fulfilling these two criteria you will be able to get admission to the course of B.Sc in Statistics.
15th May 2015, 07:37 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

For admission in to bachelor’s degree, you must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with science subject such as (biology, maths and chemistry). The duration for this course is 3 years.

After the completion of the course, you can go for masters in the same or join in any one of the following positions

Biometrician
Econometrician
Biostatistician
Epidemiologist
Research Analyst
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?