15th May 2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for any government jobs if I have completed masters in English?

I'm Jalal Uddin asking from West Bengal to have an instant reply whether I will be eligible to apply for any government job if I complete masters in English from this university? Can you tell me what would be the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the Government jobs?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I apply for Government Teacher Jobs after completing MA English and B.Ed with social and english as methodologies?
  2. Can I apply for jobs in government sector after completing 2 years MA from KSOU?
  3. How may I apply for government jobs as English teacher after my B.Ed in English and History?
  4. Am I eligible for Government jobs if I have completed my degree via distance education?
  5. What are the career option after doing masters in English?
  6. Am I eligible for the government jobs in HR? I have completed MBA in HR and have experience in HR roles? How to apply for government jobs?
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) female student?
  8. Which Government Jobs a btech student (information technology) can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D?
  10. Am I eligible for government jobs after completing B.E ECE part time from GCT, Coimbatore?
  11. How to apply for senior assistants in Government Sector? How to prepare for these entrance exams?
  12. Am I eligible to get government jobs? I've passed M.A in English through correspondence
  13. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  14. How to apply for government jobs in AP after BDS? How to apply, date of submission of form and syllabus of the exam? Salary packages in government job?
  15. Government jobs after B.Tech? How to apply for them?
  16. Completed M.A in English with 50% marks : Am I eligible for MSW course in Jamia university? Last date of applying and submission of forms?
  17. Am I eligible for Government junior college lecture jobs after completing B.Sc and MBA?
  18. Which Central Government Jobs am I eligible for being a candidate having completed M.Sc in Microbiology?
15th May 2015, 08:53 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for any government jobs if I have completed masters in English?

Based on your master's degree in English, you are eligible for various jobs in government filed and not only in your state but also in all India, you can get a government job because English is the language accepted in almost all states of India and you have having master's degree in that language so what would be the demand so do not worry because I have listed some jobs and other opportunities which will be better for your career after MA in English Literature.

01. Teaching Industry for the post of Lecturer or Teacher Grade I or Assistant Professor or Associate Professor :

English Teachers are recruited in various government schools and colleges so you must apply for these jobs but to become Teacher Grade I, you need to have a B.Ed degree with your master's then only you will be eligible so you should pursue B.Ed course.

To become a lecturer or Assistant Professor, you just need to clear NET or SET entrance examination because it is compulsory to qualify to get a job in teaching industry so this is also a good option for you to enhance your career in teaching field.

02. Tourism Department Recruitment for various posts : You can apply for various jobs in government tourism department because candidates having master's in tourism management and English Language are recruited by Tourism Department of India for various posts that is why you are eligible for jobs in this sector as well.

03. Banking field for the post of PO and Clerk and Rajbhasha Adhikari post : A candidate having master's degree in Hindi/ English is eligible for Rajbhasha Adhikari post and all graduates are eligible for PO and clerk level posts in various nationalized banks of India through IBPS examination.

04. Junior Hindi Translator Recruitment by SSC : A candidate having master's degree in English Language is eligible to apply for this job and for your kind notice, JHT are recruited in various other fields of government of India so you must focus on this job because if you get it then no job will be better than this.

05. Insurance Field also recruits Rajbhasha Adhikari in its offices so you can apply and except this job you are eligible for AAO and Assistant post in Insurance companies of the government.

06. Railway department jobs are also good option for you for various posts like - ASM, Clerk, Sub Inspector etc. so you must apply.

07. If you enter police field for SI and ASI post then you can have great success because you got a master's degree in English that is why you may be posted for special branches in special areas.
15th May 2015, 11:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for any government jobs if I have completed masters in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm Jalal Uddin asking from West Bengal to have an instant reply whether I will be eligible to apply for any government job if I complete masters in English from this university? Can you tell me what would be the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the Government jobs?
You have completed masters degree in English from West Bengal so you are eligible for West Bengal School Service Commission exam.

If you have completed bachelor degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for West Bengal School Service Commission exam. Only Indian citizenship candidate are eligible for this exam. Your age should be in between 20 to 40 years.
19th May 2015, 04:36 AM
james hettfield
Member+

yes, you are eligible for appearing in the government examinations as in most of the common government examinations, the eligibility criteria for appearing in the exam is that you should be a graduate from a recognized university.
The general age for appearing in the examination is also 21-30 years for the general category.
If you belong to obc category, then there is a 3 year relaxation given to you and if you belong to sc or st category or physically handicapped category then you are given a relaxation of 5 years.
27th June 2015, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

i have done BE and MA hindi....can i apply for ibps Rajbhasa adhikari scale 1 exam.....i have only one subject english professional in first sem of BE....in the notification it says Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?