23rd May 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Information about the PSU books and preparation details for GATE?

sir i want to prepare psu exam bt confused for join gate academy & sir pls give some information about psu books & preperation of gate givegood profit or not for psu exam

23rd July 2011, 10:24 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Information about the PSU books and preparation details for GATE?

Dear friend,
If you want to do preparation for PSU exam then go through standards book:
*For verbal reasoning and mathematics question :RS agarwal
*For general awareness question:Go through Hindustan newspaper and India today's magazine.
*For English skill:Go through upkar publication books
*For techinical question:just go through your enginnering books.

Tips to crack GATE exam:
*Do time management
*Follow standard books
*Make short note after readind any chapter
*Solve previous year question papers.
9th August 2011, 01:59 PM
DN358
Banned

Engineering Mathematics for GATE 2012
This text book covers the entire syllabus of Engineering Mathematics compulsory portion of GATE for the streams CE, EC, EE, ME, CS/IT etc. The unique feature of this text book is that each concept is illustrated thoroughly by solved examples taken from past GATE Papers. The contents of the book are: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Functions, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods and Laplace Transforms.
Price : Rs. 250
9th August 2011, 02:01 PM
DN358
Banned

Engineering Mathematics for GATE 2012
This text book covers the entire syllabus of Engineering Mathematics compulsory portion of GATE for the streams CE, EC, EE, ME, CS/IT etc. The unique feature of this text book is that each concept is illustrated thoroughly by solved examples taken from past GATE Papers. The contents of the book are: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Functions, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods and Laplace Transforms.
Price : Rs. 250
9th August 2011, 02:05 PM
DN358
Banned

A Guidebook for GATE: EC, 2012
This book provides all required theory and question contents for GATE and other competitive examinations. It has been kept in consideration that the book should fulfill the need of GATE examination standard and syllabus. The book contains solved examples of previous GATE examination to provide an approach and relevancy for the GATE Examination.
Price : Rs.680
9th August 2011, 02:06 PM
DN358
Banned

A Guidebook for GATE: EC, 2012
This book provides all required theory and question contents for GATE and other competitive examinations. It has been kept in consideration that the book should fulfill the need of GATE examination standard and syllabus. The book contains solved examples of previous GATE examination to provide an approach and relevancy for the GATE Examination.
Price : Rs.680
9th August 2011, 02:07 PM
DN358
Banned

CS: Practice Book for PSUs
This book contains topic wise objective solved questions of Computer Science & IT Engineering for Public sector examinations such as ISRO, DRDO, BARC, BEL, HAL, NTPC, ONGC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, MTNL,ECL, ATC, DMRC, HLL, UPRVNL, CSPEB, OPTCL...., etc. Efforts have been made to provide error free answers & tricky solutions.
Price : Rs. 425
9th August 2011, 02:07 PM
DN358
Banned

CS: Practice Book for PSUs
This book contains topic wise objective solved questions of Computer Science & IT Engineering for Public sector examinations such as ISRO, DRDO, BARC, BEL, HAL, NTPC, ONGC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, MTNL,ECL, ATC, DMRC, HLL, UPRVNL, CSPEB, OPTCL...., etc. Efforts have been made to provide error free answers & tricky solutions.
Price : Rs. 425
9th August 2011, 02:08 PM
DN358
Banned

EC: Practice Book for PSUs
This book contains topic wise objective solved questions of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. This book is useful for Public sector examinations such as BSNL, NTPC, DRDO, ISRO, etc. Efforts have been made to provide error free answers & tricky solutions.
Price : Rs. 400
9th August 2011, 02:09 PM
DN358
Banned

EC: Practice Book for PSUs
This book contains topic wise objective solved questions of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. This book is useful for Public sector examinations such as BSNL, NTPC, DRDO, ISRO, etc. Efforts have been made to provide error free answers & tricky solutions.
Price : Rs. 400
9th August 2011, 02:10 PM
DN358
Banned

EC: Gate Previous Solved Papers
This book contains topic wise solved papers of GATE Electronics & Communication Engineering. This book contains tricky solutions and explanations. The contents of the book are: Network theory, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Signals & Systems, Control Systems, Communication Systems, Electromagnetic Theory, Microprocessors and Engg. Mathematics.
Price : Rs. 325
9th August 2011, 02:18 PM
DN358
Banned

EE: Gate Previous Solved Papers
This book contains topic wise solved papers of GATE Electrical Engineering. This book contains answers with tricky solutions and explanations. The contents of this book are: Electrical Circuits, Signals & Systems, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical & Electronic Measurements, Analog & Digital Electronics, Electromagnetic Theory, Power Electronics and Engineering Mathematics.
Price : Rs. 325
9th August 2011, 02:22 PM
DN358
Banned

Verbal & Numerical Ability for GATE 2012
This book contains verbal and numerical ability as per the syllabus of GATE.
Price : Rs. 140
9th August 2011, 02:26 PM
DN358
Banned

Made Easy: Publications
A text Book for Production Engineering : ME Verbal and Numerical Ability for GATE 2012 Reasoning and Aptitude for PSUs & GATE ME: Practice Book for PSUs ME: IES Objective Solved Papers II ME: IES Objective Solved Papers I
9th August 2011, 02:29 PM
DN358
Banned

Made Easy: Publications
A text Book for Production Engineering : ME Verbal and Numerical Ability for GATE 2012 Reasoning and Aptitude for PSUs & GATE ME: Practice Book for PSUs ME: IES Objective Solved Papers II ME: IES Objective Solved Papers I ME: IES Conventional Solved Papers I & II ME: Gate Previous Solved Papers GS-&-English: Solved-Papers, 2012 General Studies for IES & PSUs 2012
9th August 2011, 02:50 PM
DN358
Banned

Best Books for GATE Computer Science

Mathematical Logic: Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay Manohar, Probability , statistics and queuing theory " by S.C.Gupta & V.K.Kapoor
Graph Theory: Narsingh Deo
Linear Algebra: Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal
Numerical Methods: S.S. Sastry
Formal Language and Automata Theory: Formal Languages and Automata theory", J.D.Ullman etal
Analysis of Algorithms and Computational Complexity: Introduction to algorithms" - Cormen etal" Computer Algorithms" - Horowitz and Sahani
Digital Logic: " Digital Logic circuits and Design " by Morris Mano
Computer Organization: " Computer Organisation " by Morris Mano

Some Other Important books
" Multiple choice questions " - Timothy . J . Williams , TMH publications
" Gate Question Papers " - G.K.Publishers
9th August 2011, 02:58 PM
DN358
Banned

FOLLOW THIS PATTERN ..Pattern of GATE exam
The question paper(Except GG, XE and XL) will be for a total 65 Questions carrying 100 marks divided into three groups:

(i) Group I: Question Numbers 1 to 25 (25 questions) will carry one mark each (sub total 25 marks).
Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

(ii) Group II: Question Numbers 26 to 55 (30 questions) will carry two marks each (sub total 60 marks).
Questions Q.48 - Q.51 (2 pairs) are common data questions and question pairs
(Q.52, Q.53) and (Q.54,Q.55) are linked answer questions. The answer to the second question of the linked answer questions depends on the answer to the first question of the pair. If the first question in the linked pair is wrongly answered or is un-attempted, then the answer to the second question in the pair will not be evaluated.
Negative Marking: 2/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
9th August 2011, 03:13 PM
DN358
Banned

NEGATIVE MARKING: For Q.1 - Q.25 and Q.56 - Q.60, 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. For Q.26 - Q.51 and Q.61 - Q.65, 2/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The question pairs (Q.52, Q.53), and (Q.54, Q.55) are questions with linked answers. There will be negative marks only for wrong answer to the first question of the linked answer question pair i.e. for Q.52 and Q.54, 2/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking for Q.53 and Q.55.
Click for type of Multiple choice questions in GATE 2011
9th August 2011, 03:27 PM
DN358
Banned

Method of feasible directions
In the method of feasible direction basically we will choose a starting point, satisfying all the constraints and move to a better point according to iterative scheme
x i+1 = x i + lS i ----(1)

where:
x i = standing point for i th iteration
S i = direction of movement
l = step length of the movement
xi+1 = Final point at the end of ith iteration

The value of l is always chosen such that xi+1 lies in feasible region.
The search direction Si a) A small move in that direction violates no constraints
b) The value of the objective function can be reduced in that direction

As the decreasing trend by values of f continues upto x r (4) so let us replace the vertex x n = x 3 by x r (4). So the new complex will have vertices as-
x 1 =

And f(x 1) = 0
x 2 =

and f(x 2) = 0.04
x 3 = x r (4) =

and f(x 3) = -0.207016

x 4 =

and f(x 4) = 0.476725
vBecause f(x4) gives maximum value and f(x3) gives minimum value so let us take-
xn = x4=

and f(x 4) = 0.476725

xl = x3=

and f(x l) = -0.20701656 Therefore centroid x 0 = (x 1 + x 2 + x 3)/3 =

and f(x 0) = -0.19303
Because | f(x l) = f(x 0)| = 0.014
If the desired accuracy is above e = 0.01, then the above solution is accepted.

The point x i+1 can be taken as the starting point for (i+1) th iteration and the entire procedure is repeated until a point is obtained such that no direction can be formed which satisfy both properties (a) and (b).

A direction satisfying (a) only is called feasible direction, while a direction satisfying both (a) and (b) is called and usable feasible direction. This is the reason that these methods are known as methods of feasible directions.
There are many ways of choosing usable feasible directions and hence there are a number of methods of feasible directions.
i) A direction S is feasible at a point x i if it satisfies the relation-
{d/d l[g j(x i + lS)]} l=0 = STÑgj(xi) <= 0 --------- (2)
Where the equality sign holds true only if a constraint is linear or strictly concave
9th August 2011, 03:40 PM
DN358
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Information about the PSU books and preparation details for GATE?

Method of feasible directions
In the method of feasible direction basically we will choose a starting point, satisfying all the constraints and move to a better point according to iterative scheme
x i+1 = x i + lS i ----(1)

where:
x i = standing point for i th iteration
S i = direction of movement
l = step length of the movement
xi+1 = Final point at the end of ith iteration

The value of l is always chosen such that xi+1 lies in feasible region.
The search direction Si a) A small move in that direction violates no constraints
b) The value of the objective function can be reduced in that direction

As the decreasing trend by values of f continues upto x r (4) so let us replace the vertex x n = x 3 by x r (4). So the new complex will have vertices as-
x 1 =

And f(x 1) = 0
x 2 =

and f(x 2) = 0.04
x 3 = x r (4) =

and f(x 3) = -0.207016

x 4 =

and f(x 4) = 0.476725
vBecause f(x4) gives maximum value and f(x3) gives minimum value so let us take-
xn = x4=

and f(x 4) = 0.476725

xl = x3=

and f(x l) = -0.20701656 Therefore centroid x 0 = (x 1 + x 2 + x 3)/3 =

and f(x 0) = -0.19303
Because | f(x l) = f(x 0)| = 0.014
If the desired accuracy is above e = 0.01, then the above solution is accepted.

The point x i+1 can be taken as the starting point for (i+1) th iteration and the entire procedure is repeated until a point is obtained such that no direction can be formed which satisfy both properties (a) and (b).

A direction satisfying (a) only is called feasible direction, while a direction satisfying both (a) and (b) is called and usable feasible direction. This is the reason that these methods are known as methods of feasible directions.
There are many ways of choosing usable feasible directions and hence there are a number of methods of feasible directions.
i) A direction S is feasible at a point x i if it satisfies the relation-
{d/d l[g j(x i + lS)]} l=0 = STÑgj(xi) <= 0 --------- (2)
Where the equality sign holds true only if a constraint is linear or strictly concave
9th August 2011, 06:30 PM
saurav9889

friend for psu exam u may consult aroma pub,gkp or made easy books they really are helpful also for both gate and psu u should have a thorough knowledge of subjects that can be achieved through studying the course books followed by question paper solving from abovementioned books.
16th August 2011, 01:00 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i want to prepare psu exam bt confused for join gate academy & sir pls give some information about psu books & preperation of gate givegood profit or not for psu exam
See psu also asks technical and gate ask same...but for psu you have to also look for basic reasoning ,english questions....books of g.k. publication is best or ou can go for made easy books.
regards,
sharad
24th October 2011, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

sir what do i have to do for gate preparation n get selected??
30th October 2011, 09:24 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-8lZoayuoRBs/Tf...2011_thumb.jpg

hii, if you need to do the mtech, then you need to write the pgcet its conducted by the karnataka examnimation authority this times, to fill all mtech seats in karnataka.
To apply for this first you need to send an envelope quoting for the application, you need to send a DD of 600, 300 for sc/st,last date for that is july 2.

Then they will send an application to you after july 2,you need to sent it back before the july 15.Exams is scheduled to be held on august 8.Regarding the eligibilty please vissit www.kea.kar.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?