16th May 2015, 09:37 PM
mathusaha

How can I apply for Railway exam being CSE final year student?

Hai sir,
I m doing B.E(cse) Final year.I would like to know how to apply for railway exam?And also shall i write the exam during my final year?

16th May 2015, 11:15 PM
charitchaitra

Default Re: How can I apply for Railway exam being CSE final year student?

The jobs in Indian Railways have been divided in four groups:

Group A

Group B

Group C

Group D

Since Engineering students are eligible for the technical jobs, you can apply for the Group A jobs in Indian Railways. These jobs are:

Indian Railways Traffic service

Indian Railways Personnel service

Indian Railways store service

Indian Railways Electrical engineer

Sr. section engineer

Junior engineer

Senior P- way supervisor

Cheif Depot Material Superintendent

Depot Material Superintendent etc

ELIGIBILITY

Qualification:

BE/B.Tech degree in CSE,Civil,Mechanical,EEE,ECE,EIE,Automobile. You should score at least 55 percent marks in the Engineering degree.
17th May 2015, 09:09 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear definitely there is a chance to get a job in Indian Railways being a Final year candidate of graduation. In Indian Railways actually there is a Classification between the type of Posts.

Among those you can apply for almost all Job types but you have to satisfy the required eligibility criteria for it.

1.Group A :

--- You should have secured good score in Civil's. So final year students of graduation are eligible to apply for Civil's.

2.Group B :

--- You must have completed graduation in B.E/B.TECH or any other professional course and have to write Competitive Exams like " Indian Engineering Services , Combined Medical Examination etc., "

3.Group C :

--- You have to appear for " RRB ( Railway Recruitment Exam ) for the posts of Group C.

4.Group D :

--- For this type of post you must have 10th or ITI with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized university.
17th May 2015, 11:11 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

RRB - Railway recruitment board

RRB recruitment having two types
1) technical
2) Non-technical

For Non-technical
you should have bachelor degree/typing skill on computer
Age limitation : 18 to 30

For Technical
You should have ITI/diploma/degree with physics & maths subjects.
Age limitation : 18 to 33 years

Examination pattern

Wtitten exam
Interview
17th May 2015, 01:14 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathusaha View Post
Hai sir,
I m doing B.E(cse) Final year.I would like to know how to apply for railway exam?And also shall i write the exam during my final year?

Yeah you can apply for the railways exam which is the RRB Exam. The RRB exam consists of 2 sections and you can apply based on the qualification you possess:
  • Technical Cadre
  • Non Technical Cadre

Eligibility Needed For Technical Cadre:

# The candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 18-33 years and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 18-38 years and for OBC iti s 18-36 years

# Minimum educational qualification needed is +2 from a recognized school board of education.

Eligibility Needed For Non-Technical Cadre:

# The candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 18-30 years and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 18-38 years and for OBC iti s 18-36 years.

# The educational qualification needed is degree from a recognized university in any stream.

The candidate applying should satisfy all these above criteria for the respected posts.
17th May 2015, 02:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway. The UPSC as well as the Central Government conducts the examinations for the recruitment of the candidates for various posts.

Railway selection procedure is divided into two sections first is written test and second one is interview.

Railway written examination consist four parts:

General Awareness
Arithmetic Ability
Technical Ability
Test of Reasoning

The eligibility criteria for technical post are following:-

- The minimum qualification is Bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with suitable typing speed in Hindi/English as per the requirement of the post.

- The minimum age required to get railway job is 18 year and maximum is of 30 years.

-Relaxation in age is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

The eligibility criteria for non-technical post are as under:-

- The candidate should have passed 10th or 12th as per the post requirement.

- The candidate age should be in between 18 to 30 years of age.

- Age Relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.
17th May 2015, 02:22 PM
PATHGUIDE

Yes you can apply for the Railway recruitment exams during your final year or if your are result awaited.
Your results should be announced before joining in railways
There are 19 railway recruitment boards at present which recruits various technical and non technical posts.
Railway recruitment board includes gazetted and non gazetted posts.

Group A= recruitment is through UPSC-is carried out by UPSC - appointed through combined medical Entrance Exam, civil services exam, Engineering services exam etc.

Group B= these are not directly open posts. It includes section officer etc.

Group C= technical and non technical posts such as clerk, ticket collector, station master etc.

Group D= trackman/Safaiwala/Peon/Gunman etc.

Educational Qualifications required to appear for different categories is:
Minimum 10th class pass/ITI or equivalent trade for Group C and D Posts.
Graduate/Post Graduate for Group A and B Posts.
17th May 2015, 05:22 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# I would like to clarify you that final year candidates are not allowed for graduate level railway examinations. Only bachelor degree holders are eligible to apply for railway examinations.

# After successful completion of engineering degree, then you will be graduated. So you will be eligible for all graduate level railway examinations.

# Few graduate level railway examinations for various posts which are:

* Section Engineer
* Assistant Station Master
* Goods Guard
* Commercial Apprentice
* Traffic Apprentice

# Few 10+2 level railway examinations for various posts which are:

* Junior Stenographer
* Junior Clerk
* Typist
* Booking Clerk
* Ticket Checker
* Ticket Collector

# For any latest notification regarding vacancies advertised candidates are advised to be in regular touch with

* local and national level newspaper
* Employment News (weekly newspaper)
* Rozgar Samachar (weekly newspaper)
10th July 2017, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my final year cse with 50% can I apply for railway exam ??please answer sir its very important to me
10th February 2018, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Yes my result is going to be declare on april 2nd 2018 and the last date declared by the Indian railway for station master post is 22 march, 2018....can in apply for station master in any case
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?