23rd May 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

What are the height requirements for a Girl to become a Pilot(Female)?

hi
i want to become a pilot (female) what should be height is required for a girl ?

25th May 2011, 03:15 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What are the height requirements for a Girl to become a Pilot(Female)?

To become a pilot in Indian Air Force you need to apply for Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission which means with a term of engagement of 14 Years with no further extension.

Eligibility

Age:- If your between the age of 19 to 23 years then you can apply.
Educational Qualifications:-You must be a graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university and must have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate with all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level (OR)
BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

Here am attaching you the height and weight limits.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Height And Weight Standards for Women.docx(13.5 KB, 931 views)
25th May 2011, 04:00 PM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: What are the height requirements for a Girl to become a Pilot(Female)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
i want to become a pilot (female) what should be height is required for a girl ?
Hii,

As per your query i replied you the baisc criteria is that you should appear in the any graduate course and after clear the course you are egilible for that ..

The height criteria is that minimum ;
height is 148 to 50 cm at the age of 25-30 years ..

Thanks,
ankur
25th May 2011, 04:11 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
hi
Hi,

You need to have a minimum of 148 cm of height to be eligible for pilot as far as height is the only concern.
25th May 2011, 05:37 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What are the height requirements for a Girl to become a Pilot(Female)?

Hi friend,

The following are physical requirement for a woman to become a pilot.

Physical requirements:

Minimum height should be 162.5 cms.

Leg Length should be between 99-120 cms.

Also the candidate should not be suffering from colour/night blindness

and should not have the need to wear glasses.
26th May 2011, 01:07 AM
anuparjunsm

hi dear
Happy to know that "A female is ready to serve the country". As per my knowledge u need keep your knowledge update about the call for the above said post. The post is under UPSC, the details of the call can be got at "Employment paper" (slight brown; fortnight newsletter).

eligibility: minimum 60% marks in aggregate with all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level

This news letter is rarely available in market hence you may visit your nearest library. Once the call is made UPSC applications are sold in Post offices may be at the cost of 20/- or 25/-. Get it filled. You need to affix a special stamp (name forgot) worth Rs 50/- and post to the concerned address (address will be pre- printed).

On a specific pre announced date exam will be conducted. Qualified has to under go medical and personal interviews.

thanking you
Anup Arjun

more details mail me at
[email protected]
26th May 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: What are the height requirements for a Girl to become a Pilot(Female)?

Quote:
hi
to became pilot one should have 5'4/5'5 height
26th May 2011, 10:47 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
hi
Both men and women are eligible to apply for short service commission in the flying branch. ” Short Service Commission in Flying branch is for 14 years with no further extension.

For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
o Age
19 to 23 years* 19 to 25 Years* for CPL Holders (Issued by DGCA (india) ).

o Marital Status
Single

o Nationality
Indian

o Gender
This is applicable to both men and women.

o Educational Qualifications
Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
2. Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister.
3. Upper age limit for Candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (india ) is relaxed upto 25 yeras*.

for height go to the official website of indian air force.
18th June 2011, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

which is the right way to get into IAF as a pilot for female candidates?.how many seats are available for the women candidates in IAF?.
24th June 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

is swimming is important for apilot
1st July 2011, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

wat shud be d height for girl to b as a pilot in IAF...
can any one give excat info pleeeeease
14th July 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

i am a girl 10 2 with group pass having54.95% can i become a pilot
16th September 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

what exact height is required to become a pilot :?
plz frends help me out :
6th October 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

My daugher having age 17 years wish to become a Pilot so I will be highly appreciate if you give reply on the following points.
1) Whether after passing 12th Exam. is there any training for Pilot in India (please specify duration)
2) What hight alongwith weight is required for pilot
3) What will be the total fees
4) Whether there is any financial support or not
5) After completion of pilot training Job will be get in India
29th October 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

my height is 155cm can i choose my career as pilot
21st November 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

can i become a pilot after finishing 10th and diplomo?
2nd January 2012, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

what if a girl's height is exactly 152cm or 151.9cm, is she eligible for iaf ground duty?
21st January 2012, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

is swimming is necessory for a pilot?
22nd April 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

my height is 5.9 n weight is 70kg.... education qualification currently 2nd puc with commerce combination can i be a pilot?
28th April 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

my height is 5.3 n weight is 56kg education currently m in 10th i'll take pcm wid computers can i b e pilot
16th June 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

how much weight is required for becoming pilot?, is swimming is important?
29th October 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

my height is 148 cm and my weight is 40 kg. can i become pilot?
31st October 2012, 06:23 PM
swas08

hi dear,
Happy to know that "A female is ready to serve the country". As per my knowledge u need keep your knowledge update about the call for the above said post. The post is under UPSC, the details of the call can be got at "Employment paper" (slight brown; fortnight newsletter).

eligibility: minimum 60% marks in aggregate with all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level

This news letter is rarely available in market hence you may visit your nearest library. Once the call is made UPSC applications are sold in Post offices may be at the cost of 20/- or 25/-. Get it filled. You need to affix a special stamp (name forgot) worth Rs 50/- and post to the concerned address (address will be pre- printed).

On a specific pre announced date exam will be conducted. Qualified has to under go medical and personal interviews.

thanks
22nd February 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

is there any option for scholarship as my economic background is not so strong? what is the minimum height required for a girl to become a commercial pilot
26th December 2013, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

what r the height and wieght requirements for a girl to take admission in IAF?
30th August 2014, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Good evening sir,
I am Nanda. My height is 152 and weight is 43kg(female )
I am student of BE Electronics and telecommunications
My aggregate of each year is above 50%.
Can I apply for pilot.?
If any additional requirements are to be need then what are that.
Awaiting for your positive response.
Thank you
31st July 2015, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi, my name is shazia taj and i want to join airline as a passenger pilot and currently i am i bba 3rd year.so what should i prefer for it .plz detail me about the topic.
14th May 2017, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

I am passing out 10th STD doing 11 & 12th after that I want to become a pilot so after 12th what should I go for what exams and studies is required .
Please send details to me about the topic.
31st August 2017, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Hai,I have eye sight,but have a strong desire to become a pilot,Do I have a chance to become a pilot ? Because I have all other physical, medical, educational, technical qualifications except eye sight.please help me,if I had any sort of change to be a pilot.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you
8th April 2020, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Is there a chance for a girl to become a pilot with 4.8foot height
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?