22nd May 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Whether to appear for IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in M.Tech at USA after being citizen of USA but completed whole schooling and graduation in B.TEch from India?

Dear Sir/ Madam

i am US citizen and my parents are from India. I have completed my Whole schooling and Graduation in B.Tech (Civil Engineering)from India. For Higher studies i planning to take admission in US college for M.Tech.

So the question is this that whether i have to give IELTS exam or TOEFL exam??

As i am citizen of USA.

Kindly clarify my doubt as soon as possible,

Thanks & Regards

Khistij Teraiya

Related Questions:
  1. Among TOEFL and IELTS which one will help me to pursue Master degree in USA? Specific courses in Physiotherapy offered in USA?
  2. What time would be best for giving TOEFL, IELTS and GMAT exams as I would be graduating in the month of May next year?
  3. How to go to USA for M.Tech after passing B.Tech from India? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I apply to Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in USA without TOEFL and IELTS if completed Graduation?
  5. How to go to USA for M.Tech after B.Tech from India? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. List of entrance exams to study B.E. course in USA for a candidate who has secured 80% in 12th PCM?
  7. MBA or Master's degree in Pharmacy, which has wide scope if study in USA? List of entrance exam for admission?
  8. Is it possible to do MDS in USA without giving any entrance tests?
  9. Can I study in USA without appearing in TOEFL? Eligibility criteria and fee structure of M.Pharma course through TOEFL? Scholarship to study in USA?
  10. Exams required other than TOEFL and IELTS for admission in MPT?
  11. How may I do my Ph.D in USA? Is it necessary to do MS in USA for the same? I've completed M.Tech in India
  12. Is it necessary to appear in TOEFL to study post graduation in USA? Eligibility criteria and fee structure of TOEFL institutes? Is there any scholarship available?
  13. How to do MS in abroad? What exams should be given to take admission in USA or UK?
  14. Exams required to appear in to go Foreign?
  15. Post graduation studies in USA is not possible without TOEFL? Criteria, fee structure and other details of studies in USA?
  16. Is it necessary to qualify in TOEFL to study post graduation in USA with scholarship for B.Pharma student? Eligibility criteria and fee structure of TOEFL?
  17. MBA or MS which has good scope to study from Abroad?
  18. Procedure to get admission in USA for M.Tech course?
22nd May 2015, 08:07 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether to appear for IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in M.Tech at USA after being citizen of USA but completed whole schooling and graduation in B.TEch from India?

Yes, you need to appear for IELTS or TOEFL exam to prove your English Proficiency, even if you are citizen of USA, because you have done your schooling from India, which is a not a English speaking country. Any candidate, who was from Non-English country should appear for any of these exams to prove their English Proficiency. So, you should also appear for any of these exams to prove your English proficiency and to apply for MS admission in any university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?