22nd May 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Police Service for 22 years old 10th candidate?

Hello Sir,
I am 22 years old and I have passed 10th.
I want to join Indian Police Service. Can
you please tell me how can I join Indian Police Service?
Please reply as soon as possible.

23rd May 2015, 11:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Police Service for 22 years old 10th candidate?

No, you are not eligible to appear in Indian Police Service Entrance Examination with just 10th Qualification. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since you have just passed 10th Class, which is not at all adequate to be eligible for applying for UPSC Indian Police Service Recruitment. The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years, since your age is with in the limits you do not need to worry about the age. So I request you to first complete 12th Class and then Graduation in order to be eligible for joining Indian Police Service. This entrance examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission which releases recruitment notification in the month of May every year. If you can clear Preliminary Examination, then you will be allowed to give Mains Examination and the final selection is made only on the basis of marks secured by you in Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview combined together.
23rd May 2015, 11:59 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Police Service for 22 years old 10th candidate?

I am really sorry to say this year and fact is that you are not eligible to apply for Indian Police Service Examination. According to the Qualification concern you have very less educational back ground.

As per the norms of UPSC only the candidates having minimum graduation are only eligible to apply for Indian Public Service.

So now you have only one option to achieve your goal. For this you need to start education again as I said you have to complete 12th and graduation continuously.

Then Only you have a chance to apply for Indian Police services.

As per the above method, now you have an age of " 22 years ".

After completion of 12th ( 2 years ) and graduation (3 years at least ) you would have an age of 22+ 2+ 3 years = 27 years.

Upper Age limit for Civil's Examination (IPS) is " 30 years ".

So according to that you will have a chance to give 3 attempts when you start studying the 12th.

Hope you understand the information regarding Indian Police services Examination.
24th May 2015, 09:55 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join in Indian Police Service being 22 years 10th standard candidate. The minimum educational qualification, age limit and other eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fir as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
24th May 2015, 01:07 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Being a 10th standard candidate, you are not eligible to apply for IPS examination. IPS stands for Indian Police Service Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year. To apply for IPS examination, you should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 21-32 years. Final year of degree course may also apply. More details, visit the Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
2nd January 2016, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Hai, my self gokul and I want to ask this question for my younger sister she's now doing her BCA 1 St year at mysore University and she completed her NCC also and I want to know that where to traine her for UPSC exams and give us some tips that how to prepare for this. That's her dream to became an IPS officer and she is depending over my directions so please help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?