22nd May 2015, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Navy for 2nd standard student?

Hi Sir,
I am Umesh Kamble, a House Keeping Contractor. Its my old ambition that my seven year old son join Indian Navy. My son is Akshay Kamble and he is studying in 2nd standard. So please guide us about how to join in Indian Navy. Please help us. Thanks a lots.

23rd May 2015, 11:43 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Navy for 2nd standard student?

Procedure to join in Indian Navy :-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>> Firstly , your Son should complete Tenth standard succesfully .

>> Secondly , join him in 12th with PCM as main subjects.
P-physics
C-Chemistry
M-Mathematics

Your son needs to complete 12th from any recognised Board.

>> After completion of 12th , he can apply for the National Defence academy exam to join in Indian navy.

Age shouldbe in between 16.5 to 19 years only to apply for the exam .
The candidate shouldbe an unmarried candidate.

Selection process is ,

1. written exam
2. ssb interview
3. medical test
24th May 2015, 09:40 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, 2nd standard student is not eligible to join in Indian Navy. The minimum educational qualification required to join in Indian Navy is completion of 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is emntioned below :-

1. The candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. The candidate must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years of age.

3. The candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board.

4. The candidate must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification .

Since, your son is not able to satisfy the age limit and educational qualification required to appear in NDA examination. So, he is not eligible to join in Indian Navy being a 2nd standard student.
24th May 2015, 01:23 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Procedure to Join Indian Navy:

The candidate need to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by NDA and Indian Navy. The Entrance Examinations are:

-NDA Exam
-10+2 B.Tech Entry
-SSR Examination
-AA Examination

Eligibility Criteria:

-The candidate should have completed Intermediate(10+2 pattern) from a recognized School or equivalent qualification.
-The candidate must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years.
-Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
-The candidate must have studied Mathematics and Physics as important subject at intermediate level.
-No percentage bar is there to apply.
-Final year of board examination may also apply.
24th May 2015, 06:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I am Umesh Kamble, a House Keeping Contractor. Its my old ambition that my seven year old son join Indian Navy. My son is Akshay Kamble and he is studying in 2nd standard. So please guide us about how to join in Indian Navy. Please help us. Thanks a lots.
Indian Navy exam is conducted by UPSC through NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?