23rd May 2015, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study Biology in 12th for pursuing B.Sc?

Hello everyone,
Is Biology is compulsory for study B.Sc?
My 12th class subject is IT instead of Biology.
So, can I do B.Sc course?
Kindly let me know about it.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Indian Army force after pursuing BSc by Biology, Zoology and Chemistry?
  2. Any way I could take Biology course in 11th without actually opting for it in 12th? Is it necessary to complete biology in 12th if I want to study in abroad?
  3. How to get into a government college for MSc after pursuing BSc 3rd year with diploma in Industrial Micro Biology?
  4. How to become a Pilot in Air Force being a candidate pursuing B.Sc 2nd year in Fire & Safety?
  5. Which are the entrance exams for Biology students/
  6. Having Biology in 10+2 is necessary for pursuing Genetics Engineering?
  7. Information about various BSc courses after 12th science? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I join the correspondence course for BSc Microbiology?
  9. Is it possible to study MBBS if pursuing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?
  10. Courses available to study in US for 12th Biology student?
  11. Can I study with Biology knowledge after 12th? I have completed 12th with PCM
  12. Am I eligible to study B.Sc(Optometry) if pursuing 12th Science with Computer Science and without Biology?
  13. Which is better to study among Zoology and Entomology in B.Sc after completing 12th Biology?
  14. Can a biology student study BSc Computer Science? Where can I study in India? What is the requirement?
  15. How to study for medicine or biology in general?
  16. How to study for MBBS? I am a 12th Maths Biology student
  17. What should I study further after completing 12th with 64%?
  18. How to get admission in MSc Chemistry in Abroad? Requirements for getting admission in the course? Which entrance exams to give?
24th May 2015, 03:39 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Biology in 12th for pursuing B.Sc?

No, studying biology subject in class 12 is not at all necessary to pursue B.Sc course. You can very much do B.Sc course, without having studied Biology in your +2 level examination.

However, below I have mentioned the basic eligibility criteria to pursue B.Sc course.

Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility Criteria:

> Students who have cleared their class 12 with more than 55 percent marks can apply for this program.

> Minimum age to join this course is 18 years. There is no upper age limit
24th May 2015, 02:02 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, it is not necessary to study Biology in 12th standard to apply for B.Sc course. But, if you want to study B.Sc in Biology or Zoology or Life Science then you must have studied Biology as important subject at intermediate level. Otherwise, you can apply for any B.Sc course. You are absolutely eligible to apply for B.Sc in IT or Computer Science or Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry.
24th May 2015, 05:00 PM
savneybillford

You dont need to have biology as a subject in 12th in order to join B.Sc. But you need to be in sciences.
since you have had IT(Information Technology) in your 12th, you can join BSc in computer science or IT itself.
25th May 2015, 02:58 PM
kunalroy89

It depends on your honours paper which you are opting for B.Sc.
If you are opting for biology related subjects as Zoology,Botany,Microbiology etc then you must have biology.
If you are opting for B.Sc in Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,IT etc then you do noit need biology in 12th.
As you had passed 12th without biology,then you must select subject of graduation which is not related to biology as mentioned above and there will be no problem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?