24th May 2015, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

What are the career opportunities available after completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology?

I hv cleared my 10 2 just now... an i want to take up bsc-biotechnology as further studies..... i am little worried about job opportunities and pay package after Phd in the same in Public sector....... what may be the possible carrer options an salary package after Phd-in biotechnology????/

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  2. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  3. Career Opportunities After M.Sc. Biotechnology
  4. What are the job opportunities after completion of Biotechnology?
  5. Career Options after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? What kind of Job Opportunities I can get after completion of this?
  6. What are the career opportunities in Biotechnology?
  7. How to get opportunity to pursue PhD in Biotechnology with fellowship in Germany?
  8. What are the opportunities for B.Tech(Biotechnology)? Can I opt for Biotechnology in B.Tech?
  9. What are the career opportunities and future prospects after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  10. How can I do BSc Biotechnology in Vidya Pratishthan College of Biotechnology, Pune? What are the career opportunities?
  11. Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? List of Universities offering PG in Biotechnology?
  12. Scope after doing M.Tech course? Should I do Job or M.Tech?
  13. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  14. Does Biotechnology has great scope? Can I choose Biotechnology as a career? Any chance for good opportunities from Biotechnology?
  15. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  16. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Career Opportunities in the field of Bio-Chemistry? Will there be any benefit of doing M.Tech in Biotechnology after the completion of M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry?
  18. What are the opportunities in Biotechnology?
24th May 2015, 07:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career opportunities available after completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology?

Career Opportunities available for Ph.D in Biotechnology completed Graduates:

After successful completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology, you may definitely find highly respectful job in any organization you may opt. You may find employment in the below fields,
* Bio-informatics
* Receptor Biology
* Formulations and Drug Delivery
* Cell Biology
* Drug Discovery
* Clinical Research
* Bio-analytical Chemistry
* Bio Process Engineering
* Research and Development Departments
* Teaching Profession in Colleges/ Universities

As there is growing demand for Ph.D in Biotechnology candidates, you may find very good number of job opportunities in the above fields.

Salary Range:

@ For Research Scientist - Rs.470000/- to Rs.2500000/-

@ For Senior Research Scientist - Rs.550000/- to Rs.1220000/-
24th May 2015, 09:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career opportunities available after completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology?

Mainly you will get job in pharmaceutical companies after completion of your biotechnology studies. For PH.D candidates there are jobs in academics and research. You can get opportunity as JRF and SRF according to your qualification in various research projects. There are not many government jobs in this field so you have to apply for job in private companies. If you want government jobs then you can clear exams like NET to become lecturer in government colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?