24th May 2015, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?

I have passed my MA English with fifty percent from IGNOU and I want know whether I am eligible to do my phd?. Can you please let me know the minimum qualification which would be required to apply for Ph.D course? Awaiting for the reply soon. Thank you!

24th May 2015, 07:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my MA English with fifty percent from IGNOU and I want know whether I am eligible to do my phd?. Can you please let me know the minimum qualification which would be required to apply for Ph.D course? Awaiting for the reply soon. Thank you!
You have complete M.A in English with 50% so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
24th May 2015, 09:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?

With 50% marks it will be difficult to get admission in PH.D until you belong to reserved category. If you belong to general category then you are not eligible for PH.D admission in India. You may try for admission in abroad by applying for GRE but in India there is a percentage criteria for admission which you don't fulfill at the moment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?