26th May 2015, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCB?

Respected Sir/Madam,
My name is Ajaj Ahmed Sheikh and I am studying in class 10th in CBSE school at District Kheda in Gujarat. I am interested to join Indian Air Force after 12th class with PCB. So, please tell me sir that how I can join Indian Air Force after this?
Thank you!

1st June 2015, 12:45 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCB?

yes you can join Air Force even after being a medical student.You can join IAF as airmen in Y-group.

Y-group is non-technical group and and 10+2 student from any side can apply in it.Application forms are

availible twice in a year.Notification is availible in leading employment newspapers and on Indian air force

official website which is "www.iaf.nic.in".

Be updated to employment newspapers.
1st June 2015, 09:09 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCB?

There are various entry scheme to join Indian defense such as NDA, Technical entry for 12th passed students, CDS, UES, AFCAT, TGC etc. You can join Indian Air force through any one entry scheme. For using any of these entry scheme you need to pass your 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English as your main subjects. As you are also interested in biology than you might choose it as optional subject.

After 12th standard you need to give an entrance exam for selection in Air Force. As if you clarify entrance exam, then you will be called for SSB Interview. After that you need to clarify their medical test. Finally if you appeared in all test then you will be selected as cadet.

In Technical entry there is no need to give entrance test. Candidates are called for SSB on the behalf of percentage scored in 12th standard. You just need to fill form for that.

So i suggest you to complete your 12th standard with good score and also prepare yourself for indian defense if you really want to join it.
4th June 2015, 10:35 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force as Airmen in Y Group. Y group is non-technical branch. Students who passed 12th standard in any stream can apply Y group non-technical branch.

You can see notification in employment newspaper. Therefore see weekly employment newspaper.

NDA exam is entrance exam to join defense services after 12th standard. To join Air Force through NDA exam, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
4th June 2015, 06:51 PM
2010ae07biv
Member+

You can not join Indian Air force after 12th PCB because you are not eligible for NDA exam. NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

Education Qualification:

12th standard from a recognized university or Board

Age limit:

Age limit is 16.5-19 years.

Nationality: Indian Citizen

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Medical Test
16th July 2015, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

I passed 10 2 with 75% and pcb with 69% from AHSEC Assam.I am a girl of age 19.How can i join in IAF ??
17th January 2016, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I have selected PCB subjects,how can i join for indian air force? And can u plz tell me about Y-Group in IAF
Thank You
24th February 2016, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I am TANUJA PANT a girl of 18 of pcb of class 12 can I join IAF after completing my 12 .what are the procedure of it..
24th April 2016, 01:17 AM
sah.alok932

It is not possible to join Indian Air Force with PCB,as most of the entries does not support PCB combinations.

NDA which is a specialized entry for Indian Air Force for them who have completed their Intermediate needs to have Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics and not Physics,Chemistry and Biology,Hence PCB is not applicable for NDA

CDSE which is a specialized entry for Graduate students needs a Degree with Physics and maths in class 10+2 to apply for,PCB is not required here too,only Physics and Maths are needed,So the sole criteria is to have the subject combinations of Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics and not PCB.

After completing Post Graduation there are few chances to join but are very limited,one can join Indian Air Force with PCM in Intermediate.
10th May 2019, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Hello, My name is Ishika Raval and I like to join flying school for become a pilot but i passed 12th science with pcb so what can i do for joining flying school with pcb subjects
1st November 2019, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Can bio student join airforce or navy for fy group
13th November 2019, 12:50 PM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can bio student join airforce or navy for fy group
After studying Biology in 12th class you can go for Medical Assistant or you can become Medical officer.
For more information you can visit this official link:

https://indianairforce.nic.in/
26th February 2020, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello I am of 18 and i have done my 10 2 by PCB subject. By 70%in 12th and 58.8%in 10th. Can i apply for IAF. Please tell me.
Thank you.
20th December 2020, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have taken PCB as compulsory subject and MATHS as an optional subject. So sir pls tell me can I join IAF as a pilot? Pls reply.
10th January 2021, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, I am a girl, In PCB student so I can join IAF flying branch after graduation.....
And ,sir ,my second question is this B.A graduation is best for IAF .....
11th July 2021, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

How can I join IAF after completing 12th pcb?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?