31st May 2015, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to become a IAS officer after passing 10th standard from CBSE board?

Can I become an IAS officer after passing my 10th in an CBSE school
I am from Hyderabad studying in azra public school. Can someone please provide me the information on the same? I would like to know if I can really become a IAS officer?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  2. CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  3. How to become an IAS officer after passing 10th standard?
  4. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  5. How to become an IAS officer after passing 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
  7. Would my daughter be able to appear for 10th class CBSE from Army or KV when her DOB is 16/11/2011?
  8. Eligibility for appearing in Xth CBSE exams of 2015?
  9. How can I become an IAS officer after passing 10th?
  10. Is it possible to appear for ICSE in 11th standard after passing 10th from CBSE board?
  11. Books to be refer to prepare for IAS officer exam after passing 10th standard?
  12. Whether a 15 years old candidate appear in 10th CBSE Board examination?
  13. How can I register for 10th standard in other CBSE school after completing 9th standard?
  14. How to become an IAS officer? I am a 10th standard student
  15. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  16. Age required for admission in LKG standard of CBSE school? Will there be problem in 10th standard?
  17. Which board to choose after passing 10th, CBSE or GSEB?
  18. Subjectwise passing marks in 10th CBSE Board Examinations?
31st May 2015, 04:27 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to become a IAS officer after passing 10th standard from CBSE board?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS officer after completing 10th std. The basic eligibility criteria to apply for IAS officer is that the candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a reputed university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for IAS examination. Those who are pursuing in the final year of degree course may also apply. Age should be between 21 years to 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

After completing 10th std, you have to do your intermediate and graduation. After completing graduation, you are eligible to apply. Without completing 12th and graduation, you cannot apply for IAS examination.
31st May 2015, 06:53 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to become a IAS officer after passing 10th standard from CBSE board?

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative Service which is conducted by UPSC.

You are not eligible for IAS exam after 10th standard. Minimum qualification is graduation from a recognized university.

Education Qualification:

You should have passed a graduation degree from a recognized university in any stream. Appearing in final year candidates are also eligible. There is no percentage requirement.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit. You must be citizen of India.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview
31st May 2015, 09:30 PM
james hettfield
Member+

No, it is not possible for you to become an IAS officer just by clearing your 10th standard.
For appearing in the IAS examination, you need to first complete your XII, then the graduation and then you will be eligible for the examination.
IAS is a very tough examination hence it is recommended that you should inculcate a habit of studying for long hours so that it will be very helpful in your future.
31st May 2015, 10:43 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

No you can not be a part of IAS aa the minimum qualification needed for IAS is graduation degree and the minimum age bar is 21 years.
Being in 10th standard you are under minor category. You are too young for this.

To be a part of any government services one has to fulfill its requirement in order to be a part of it.
1st June 2015, 12:25 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Police Service.
IAS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
Eligibility for applying to IAS examination are
-CAndidate must be a citizen of India.
-Candidate must be of age 21-30 years.
-Candidate must holdds graduation degree in any disciple from a recognized university with minimum of 55% marks.
Also number of attempts are limited for different categories such as
General-6
OBC-9
SC/ST- Unlimited until they cross their maximum age.

So, you have a long time of five years to go for appearing in IAS examination.
First of all you need to complete Higher Secondary Certificate or 12th of two years after 10th then after Bachelor's degree in any disciple from a recogized university which is of three years after 12th then after you get over the educational qualification.
So, laor hard in all the examination from now so that to clear all the basic knowledge which will help you in further studies and in preparations also.

Also IAS and IPS examination are the toughest examination to clear in India.
1st June 2015, 08:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I become an IAS officer after passing my 10th in an CBSE school
I am from Hyderabad studying in azra public school. Can someone please provide me the information on the same? I would like to know if I can really become a IAS officer?
No, after completion of 10th standard you are not eligible for IAS officer exam. To become an IAS officer, you must have completed graduation degree from a recognized university.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
24th November 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best university in India for study civil service from classroom (from 9th or 10th standard)
8th September 2017, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a IAS officer who is study in CBSE school if he had completed 12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?