31st May 2015, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in NIT if scored 171 marks in JEE Main and secured 73.2% in 12th BSEB?

Hello everyone,
I have got 171 marks JEE Main and
73.2% in 12th BSEB. I want to secure
admission in NIT. Kindly let me know
I can get admission in NIT?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get admission in any NIT specially in NIT-Trichy if scored 171 marks except drawing in JEE Mains being a ST student?
  2. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if scored 329 marks in 12th BSEB? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get admission in NIT, Trichy/Calicut/Jaipur if scored 171 marks in JEE Main Paper-II?
  4. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 49 marks in JEE Main and secured 93.4% in 12th JK Board exam?
  5. Can I get admission in NIT-Jalandhar if scored 110 marks in JEE Main and secured 92% in 12th Punjab Board?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  7. Can I get admission in NIT, Patna if scored 110 marks in JEE Mains and secured 91% in 12th?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT-Durgapur if secured 85% in 12th CBSE and scored 83 marks in JEE Main being an OBC candidate? -- [New]
  9. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 97 marks in JEE Mains and secured 57% in 12th?
  10. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  11. Admission in NIT for OBC student who has scored 77 marks in JEE Mains and secured 91% in 12th?
  12. Can I get admission in NIT, Srinagar through State Quota if scored 135 marks in JEE Main and secured 80% in 12th?
  13. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 95 marks in JEE Main and 970 marks in 12th?
  14. Can I get admission into NIT with 74 marks in JEE?
  15. Can I get admission in NIT Durgapur if scored 152 marks in JEE Main and secured 74.6% in 12th Bihar Board?
  16. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/CSE) in NIT, Durgapur if secured 63% in 12th and scored 59 marks in JEE Main being a SC candidate?
  17. Can i get NIT college after scoring 77 marks in JEE mains and 75% in BSEB Board
  18. Can I get admission in MNNIT, Allahabad if secured 81.2% in 12th Science and scored 126 marks in JEE Main?
31st May 2015, 10:15 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission in NIT if scored 171 marks in JEE Main and secured 73.2% in 12th BSEB?

Yes you can easily get admission in NIT because you really scored awesome marks in the JEE mains but there is no surety because Admissions in NIT are provides on the basis of merit list and merit list changes every year and no one can predict about the merit list because it totally depends many factors such as how many of them apply for same NIT
So its better to visit the college and get more information about merit list and go for counselling
There may be chances that you will get admission on the behalf of last few merit lists of NIT's
1st June 2015, 12:40 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT if scored 171 marks in JEE Main and secured 73.2% in 12th BSEB?

Yes you will definitely get admission in the top NIT having secured 171 marks in the JEE Mains and 73.2 marks in the BSEB board .

As to get admission in the NIT one would have to clear the JEE Mains along with high percentage of marks in their respective board examination and you have managed to do the both things as the qualification marks for the JEE Mains 2015 years is 105 marks which is far beyond your marks .Also 73.2 % marks in the BSEB board is also a high percentage of marks .

Hence you can expect a good NIT with top trades for your engineering courses due to your overall performance .Also if you have done well the JEE Advance then you are eligible for your admission in the top IITs also as the overall performance is taken into consideration while preparing the final merit list for the admission .
1st June 2015, 12:51 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT if scored 171 marks in JEE Main and secured 73.2% in 12th BSEB?

Yes, you can get admission in NIT after scoring 171 marks in JEE Main exams.
171 is a decent marks in JEE Main exam.

The admission in NIT are based in rank. But with this score your rank will be good enough to get admission in NITs.
1st June 2015, 01:20 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

For getting admission in NIT you need to do counselling on the behalf of your JEE result. 171 is a good score and probability to get admission in NIT is more. First of all you need to register yourself on their official website for counselling. Once counselling starts, fill your choices according to your need. Now submit your all choices. After that seats in colleges will be allotted according to JEE rank.

Remember you need to do Central counselling for getting admission in NIT. In state counselling colleges/universities are allotted which are in your state.
1st June 2015, 06:17 PM
swanand thakur
Member+

There are high chances of your's getting selected in NIT even if you are of open caste.Really the marks obtained by you are wonderful and in this case you can really obtain admission in NIT mostly easily
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?