31st May 2015, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Whether a NIOS candidate is eligible to study further in Kerala and Abroad?

Sir,
I would like to know whether the candidate after completing NIOS 12th is eligible to study in Abroad and also whether he could continue in any college in Kerala for further studies?

31st May 2015, 09:54 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Whether a NIOS candidate is eligible to study further in Kerala and Abroad?

Yes you are eligible for further studies after completing 12th class from National Institute of Open schooling because NIOS board is recognized board but not so reputed board in India as compared to any other state or central Board but it totally depends on , In which one college you wanna take admission because some of colleges provide admission on the basis of merit list while few of them provides on the basis of their own entrance test so visit the college to get more information about the college or buy a prospectus of the college because every details about the college is mentioned in the prospectus
31st May 2015, 10:27 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a NIOS candidate is eligible to study further in Kerala and Abroad?

Yes, you are eligible for in Kerala and Abroad if you are NIOS candidates because NIOS is recognized board.

The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November,1989 as an autonomous organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
31st May 2015, 11:46 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

NIOS certificate is valid throughout india.

Yes you can pursue graduation across india.

NIOS certificate is equivalent to central or state board certificate.

To study in abroad you need to apply for foreign eligibility test like GRE or TOFEL etc and need to produce certain documentation to the consultant.
1st June 2015, 12:46 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Learning formerly known as National Open School.
NIOS board results are accepted worldwide as it is approved by Indian Government.

So, you can easily get admission on the basis of marks obtained in board examination through NIOS in any college or university either in India or other countries.
1st June 2015, 02:05 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes if you have 12th standard passing certificate then you can do anything which you want to do. It doesn't matter either you complete your 12th standard from a state board or from National/Central board. National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognized board in India. So, you can easily get admission on the behalf of 12th NIOS Certificate.

NIOS is equivalent to any other board either it is state board or it is a central board. So, don't worry. Now it depends on you that what you want to do further you may proceed for higher study or you can visit abroad for study.
1st June 2015, 11:16 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS candidate is eligible to study further in Kerela.
But he is not eligible to study Abroad as foreign Universities only allow candidate with regular degree.
But you can continue your studies anywhere in India.
5th June 2018, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

To get an admission in Plus two school for a open school student what is the procedure?
1st April 2019, 04:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am a nios student i want to gonna study bse Opthometry through this certificate if it is possible to study in kerala reply me kindly thanks in advance
26th November 2020, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my ECCE course in NSP polytechnique in Delhi in 2015 through NIOS. Can i participate KTET l exam. I already have completed NPTT(nursey primary teacher training couse) in Delhi. Now i am settled in kerala where did i get the equivalent certificates.
27th May 2022, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my deled in nios at Tamilnadu. Now i got government job in one aided school at Kerala. That certificate is valid other states or in same state
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?