31st May 2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to apply in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam?

Hello,
I want to know the details of AIIMS MBBS entrance exam.
I am studying in 12th PCB and I want to study MBBS
in AIIMS. Kindly tell me the details and all the
eligibility criteria for applying in this entrance exam.
Thank you!

31st May 2015, 09:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam?

AIIMS stands for All Indian Institute of Medical Science and these are the top government college for medical courses through out the India managed by Central government .

The eligibility for applying for AIIMS MBBS entrance examination are as following:-

* You must be a Indian resident .

* Your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the last date of the year in which you are applying for the same examinations .

* You must have done your senior secondary studies with Physics , Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with at least 60% aggregate in each of these if you belong to the general category otherwise you have to get 50% marks in each to be eligible for the same .

Generally the general cutoff for qualifying this examination is around 50% where as there is the marks relaxation in cutoff for the other categories as per the norms .

The examination is held only in the online mode .

For information regarding the pattern and syllabus of same examination log on to the link www.aiimsexam.org.in .
31st May 2015, 09:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam?

AIIMS stands for the All India Institute of Medical Science and it is one of the India's most reputed institute for the Medical courses. Admission in the AIIMS for various courses is on the basis of entrance test conducted by the AIIMS and same is for the MBBS courses.

There are only few seats for the courses in the 6 AIIMS institute situated in India. The eligibility to apply for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing in the 10+2 board from a recognised board.
* Candidate mist have PCB as main subjects in the board examination.
* Candidate age must be 17 years or more before the last date of December in the year of applying.
* Candidate must have score at least 60% marks in the 10+2 in PCB and English. There is relaxation in aggregate for the OBC, SC/ST candidate.

The application for the 2015 is closed and the examination will be conducted on 1st June 2015. The examination is only online based. The total number of questions in the examination are 200 in which 20questions are of General knowledge rest from the PCB. There is also negative marking for the wrong answer.

For more information visit at www.aiimsexam.org.
1st June 2015, 12:59 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS :

<> You must have complete 10+2 from the recognized university with minimum 60% for General and OBC category.

<> There is a Percentage relaxation for SC/ST categories about 10%marks.

<> Age should be in below 25 years.

<> You must have Physics , Chemistry and Biology and English in your 12th with atleast one subject.
1st June 2015, 01:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to know the details of AIIMS MBBS entrance exam.
I am studying in 12th PCB and I want to study MBBS
in AIIMS. Kindly tell me the details and all the
eligibility criteria for applying in this entrance exam.
Thank you!
Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIIMS exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidates this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provided for reserved category candidates.

Best books for AIIMS exam:-

AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

MTG Chapterwise Explorer: 18 Years AIIMS chapeterwise solution Physics, Chemistry & Biology (1994-2011)
by
MTG Editorial Board
Publisher: MTG Learning Media (P) Ltd.

AIIMS: Topic-Wise Solved Papers With 1 Mock Test (1997-2012)
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?