31st May 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Astrophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Physics after completed B.Sc(Computer Science)?

Hi,
I have completed my B.Sc in Computer Science and recently doing M.Sc in Physics. I am interested in Astrophysics and want to do PhD in Astrophysics. Kindly let me know I am eligible or not.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?
  3. IGNOU offers Integrated PhD in Physics/Astrophysics program for M.Sc 1st semester student?
  4. What is the qualification to take Astrophysics?
  5. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
  6. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  7. List of top colleges in India offering Post Graduation course in Cosmology?
  8. Courses and institutes for becoming an astrophysicist/theoretical physicist? Best institutes offering the course? Is it necessary to be on the merit list of IIT JEE/AIEEE?
  9. How can I attend PhD Physics? Details of university/college in Kerala for M.Sc Physics?
  10. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  11. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  12. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  13. Is it necessary to do BSc Physics if I wish to do MSc Astrophysics
  14. Which subject should I choose after pursuing Ph.D in Physics?
  15. How can I apply for Ph.D in Astrophysics programme being M.Sc(Physics) final year student?
  16. How to study for MSc Forensic science? I have completed BSc Physics
  17. Going through engineering way rather science is acceptable for PhD inn Physics
  18. Am I eligible to join M.Sc Astrophysics after completion of B.Sc in Physics with 85% of marks? -- [Most Discussed]
1st June 2015, 01:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Astrophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Physics after completed B.Sc(Computer Science)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have completed my B.Sc in Computer Science and recently doing M.Sc in Physics. I am interested in Astrophysics and want to do PhD in Astrophysics. Kindly let me know I am eligible or not.
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D in Astrophysics because you are pursing M.Sc in Physics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Physics with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D in Astrophysics.

But you should qualify in CSIR NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?