31st May 2015, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?

Hello Sir,
My Name is Sapna Kokney and I am completing my Graduation from Pune and would like to pursue my MBA from Mumbai. I would like to apply for an Educational Loan for that purpose. My Dad had expired a couple of years back and my Mom is a housewife. I have an elder brother who is the earning member of our family. So can I keep him as my guarantor for applying my Educational Loan.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  2. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  3. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  4. Documents required to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7.5 Lacs to study MBBS in Russia? Is it necessary to submit Property papers for a Guarantor?
  5. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?
  7. Whether Banks force the Guarantor for Education Loan recovering payment if a student doesn't get job after completing the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I apply for Education Loan if my parents are retired?
  9. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  10. From which bank can I get education loan approved for education of my brother?
  11. How can I apply to get Education Loan of Rs. 6.5 Lacs to study MBA being an Orphan?
  12. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  14. What does education loan mean?
  15. Can't I avail Education Loan facilities without Guarantor and IT proof?
  16. Eligibility to apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK and US?
  17. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MCA in Abroad? Procedure to apply for Education Loan?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
6th June 2015, 04:44 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?

Yes, you can definitely make your brother a guarantor or rather a co-borrower of the education loan for your MBA course since your brother is earning. There is no problem in making your brother the co-borrower. However, for loan above 4.5 lakhs you will need a third party guarantor which according to bank norms should not be any immediate family members. SO if you want a loan above 4.5 lakhs you will require your brother to be co-borrower and one more person as a third party guarantor of the loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?