31st May 2015, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?

I am doing diploma in mechanical branch from radharaman institute of research and technology,bhopal.can i get admission in iit or even nit after completing diploma? if yes then what are requirements for that? Kindly give me the information soon.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  2. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  3. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  4. Lateral Entry in NIT through AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  7. What should I do for admission in IITs and NITs after Diploma?
  8. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  9. Will there be any problem for me to get admission to Mechanical branch after completion of Diploma with ETC stream?
  10. Minimum marks and percentile required in GATE for admission to IIT and NIT for mechanical branch?
  11. Am I eligible to get lateral entry in NIT/IIT after diploma without 12th and JEE Main?
  12. Is there any exam conducted by NITs and IIT for Diploma students? Admission process for Diploma holders?
  13. How to do diploma in NIT after completion of Class 10th?
  14. Duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma Holders?
  15. Can I get admission in NIT after completion of diploma course?
  16. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  17. Can I get direct admission in IIT college after completing diploma?
  18. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
1st June 2015, 07:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have qualified and secured top rank in JEE Main and Advance examinations are eligible to get admission in NIT/IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT. But, you can get admission in B.Tech course in any other college equivalent to IIIT/NIT by appearing and qualify LEET/ECET/JELET examinations.
1st June 2015, 10:13 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?

I am sorry to say that, you cannot get admission in NIT or IIT institutes. That's because admissions in these institutes are offered through JEE main and Advanced exams. As per eligibility criteria of JEE main and advanced exams, candidates should have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are eligible to appear for these exams. But, you are a student, who have completed diploma course. So, you cannot get admission in NIT or IIT institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?