1st June 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

What type of qualifications is required to do Ph.D?

I want to know about phd course and for dis what type of qualification is required in your university. Does the eligibility criteria changes based on the University which we join or it's common throughout all the colleges? please tell me.........

Related Questions:
1st June 2015, 09:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type of qualifications is required to do Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know about phd course and for dis what type of qualification is required in your university. Does the eligibility criteria changes based on the University which we join or it's common throughout all the colleges? please tell me.........
Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

No, this eligibility criteria is same for all universities.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
1st June 2015, 04:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type of qualifications is required to do Ph.D?

First of all you must have a Master's degree with at least 55% marks in the given subject to become eligible for admission. For those who belong to reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks. UGC recognized Universities follow a guideline for admission and there is no variation in eligibility criteria in India from one university to another.

Hence, it will be same for the basic eligibility criteria. In case of extra qualifications like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE qualification reputed institutes prefer candidates with these scores. In universities which are not so popular you might have to appear for entrance exam if you don't have these scores.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?