11th June 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Can MCA and MBA in finance go together? What is the value of MCA through distance?

I am an MBA finance student who Studied B.Com with computer application for graduation. Is it a good choice for me to go for MCA distance since i am interested in IT field? As i want to add value to myself or should i go for CA or ICWA for my future studies.

My doubt are:
1) will MBA finance and MCA go together as i heard since i have Bcom background i will be laid back in many interviews and also the company will feel like i am not interested in MBA that is why i took MCA.
2) Will doing a Distance MCA has any value to it?
3)If the above is not a good decision what are my other options as i am a Bcom graduate with 49% marks. Please recommend a course that i can go for after my MBA finance

29th June 2015, 07:03 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can MCA and MBA in finance go together? What is the value of MCA through distance?

None of the companies will be laid back in the Interviews they are there to hire people who they feel will be beneficial for their Company.
So this is not a problem for you.
Yes doing MCA from distance course will add value to you as you will learn something new and remember that knowledge is useful and the type of the course does not matter.
The path that you chosen is very good so you should stick to that and it will not be a problem for you in the long run.
So just go forward with the decision that you have taken.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?