25th May 2011, 03:54 PM
Nagra Gurdeep

Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from SMU(Distance Course) with 70%?

I have done my MBA(Finance) From Sikkim Manipal University(Distance Education) with 70% marks. Am I eligible for Net exam.

26th May 2011, 06:26 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from SMU(Distance Course) with 70%?

Hello Gurdeep.
Sikkim Manipal University is an University Grant Commission recognized university and since you have done MBA from this university, you are eligible for National Eligibility Test-NET.
The National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grant Commission.
As you have scored 70% in your MBA, you can take the test because the minimum percentage required to be eligible is 55% for candidates belonging to general category and 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
For complete information regrading NET, click here
28th May 2011, 08:20 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from SMU(Distance Course) with 70%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagra Gurdeep View Post
I have done my MBA(Finance) From Sikkim Manipal University(Distance Education) with 70% marks. Am I eligible for Net exam.
Yes, you are eligible to apply for UGC NET examination.

Any Post graduate candidates are eligible to apply for this examination And you have completed your MBA, so definitely you are eligible to apply for UGC NET examination.

The examination are held two times in a year first in the month of june and another in the month of december, The notification of december examination are published in the month of september in the employment newspaper.

So, to apply for NET examination you have to scored minimum 55% marks in your master degree examination. Final year master degree candidates are also eligible to apply for NET examination.

There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship And for Junior Research Fellowship your age not more than 28 years. And if you want to get more information please visit the UGC Official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
28th May 2011, 10:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
Hello Gurdeep.
Sikkim Manipal University is an University Grant Commission recognized university and since you have done MBA from this university, you are eligible for National Eligibility Test-NET.
The National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grant Commission.
As you have scored 70% in your MBA, you can take the test because the minimum percentage required to be eligible is 55% for candidates belonging to general category and 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
For complete information regrading NET, click here

For appearing for the NET exam a Master's course is a must. It should be from a recognised institute. Also you need to have secured 55% marks. Since you are qualified you can apply. This is provided that you fulfill the other criteria's. Also you can appear for this exam at any age as the age limit has not be specified. You can appear for the exam either in June or in December. Also there is no limit on the number of attempts. You will need to select Management as a subject. Try solving the previous year paper and be careful not to attempt questions which you are not sure of. You can visit the official site for the details.
28th May 2011, 11:14 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from SMU(Distance Course) with 70%?

Quote:
the eligibility criteria for NET is M.Sc or equivalent degree , with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.

A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing or has appeared in his/her final year (III/IV Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination in subjects mentioned in above. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year M.SC or equivalent degree examination. However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks and within the stipulated time frame.

so yes you are eligible for NET exam...
28th May 2011, 11:29 AM
babydoll

Hello,
Yes, you are eligible for the NET exam as you have done MBA courses.
The eligibility for the NET exam will be post graduation. After post graduation a candidate can apply for the NET exam from any mode of exam.
The age limit will be not more than 35 years. So now you are eligible for the NET exam.
28th May 2011, 01:26 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for NET exam after your mba (Finance) too as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. A masters degree with 55% marks & for the sc/st/ph/vh it is of 50%.
2. Final year & result awaited candidates can also appear for the same.
3. The minimum age is 28 years for the JRF & for lecturership there is no age limit.
4. The university from where you have attained a masters degree must be a recognized one & is in the UGC list.
5. Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only.

As per the above eligibility criteria you have got 70% marks & SMU is also in the UGC list so you can be eligible for the test.
28th May 2011, 01:28 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for NET exam after your mba (Finance) too as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. A masters degree with 55% marks & for the sc/st/ph/vh it is of 50%.
2. Final year & result awaited candidates can also appear for the same.
3. The minimum age is 28 years for the JRF & for lecturership there is no age limit.
4. The university from where you have attained a masters degree must be a recognized one & is in the UGC list.
5. Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only.

As per the above eligibility criteria you have got 70% marks & SMU is also in the UGC list so you can be eligible for the test.
28th May 2011, 02:29 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from SMU(Distance Course) with 70%?

Hi friend,

The following is the eligibility for NET exam.

The candidate must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject.

They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any

reputed college under UGC recognition.

The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET

exam.

Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit.

There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates

The above rules means that since you got 70% which is more than 55%

from a recognized university named SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY.
28th May 2011, 08:30 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you done your MBA from sikkim manipal university that is UGC grant college.

you can apply for NET exam i.e national eligibility test.

this exam conducted 2 times in a year.
Eligibility is 55% in graduation and 50% for SC/ST students.

So you sit in the exam ....
28th May 2011, 08:39 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from SMU(Distance Course) with 70%?

Quote:
Hey friend,

NET - National Eligibility Test

Yeah you are eligible for the NET exam as you satisfy the eligibility criteria.The exam is conducted 2 times in a year in the months of June and December.

Eligibility:

The candidate who have secured 55% in Master's degree.For SC/ST/PH/VH candidates must secure 50% aggregate.
The candidates must appear with the subjects of their post graduation only.

Thank you.
28th May 2011, 11:12 PM
Deb51

as you have already completed your master degree with a very good marks so you are eligible for NET examination. just fill up the application when the notification will come for the form fill up. then appear in NET examination. for information go to the website http://ugcnetonline.in/
29th May 2011, 12:21 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

the eligibility for the NET exam is that one must have a post graduate degree or the equivalent degree with a minimum of the 55% of the marks in that exam from a recognized university or the college
as you have got the MBA degree with 70% of the marks so you are absolutely eligible for the NET exam

so best of luck
4th June 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.Sc. Physics from distance education in delhi? is it will be eligible for N.E.T exam?
4th July 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

i hv compleated my graguation with 66% n i want to study mba in finance.so my question is that whether i m eligible for NET after mba
4th July 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from Bhartidasan University(Distance Course) with 66%?
17th July 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

am i sit net exam after secure 55% in MA from smu?
9th August 2011, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 56% marks in MBA(HR) from ICFAI University. Am I eligible for NET exam? Is there any chaces of getting selected in exam with such lower percentage of marks? Does it depend only on NET exam marks or something else? Depending on your answer, I would think about appearing in this exam..Pls reply.. Thanks
19th December 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

I have passed Ma in Masscommunication and journalism form SMU distance education, I have scored 67% marks am I eligible to apply in National eligibility Test?
15th March 2012, 09:20 AM
kaveribiswas

you are eligible to apply for UGC NET examination.

Any Post graduate candidates are eligible to apply for this examination And you have completed your MBA, so definitely you are eligible to apply for UGC NET examination.

The examination are held two times in a year first in the month of june and another in the month of december, The notification of december examination are published in the month of september in the employment newspaper.

So, to apply for NET examination you have to scored minimum 55% marks in your master degree examination. Final year master degree candidates are also eligible to apply for NET examination.

Good luck...................
14th June 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA from SMU with 70%, But SMU provides Distance learning so this is not regular course..will that be considered for NET exam?
Please advise.
14th June 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MBA from SMU with 70% from distance education, SMU dose not provide regular courses but it is apporved by UGC.
So in that condition i m eligible for NET exam?
Please advise.
14th June 2012, 06:16 PM
ashishpandey1993

I have completed MBA from SMU with 70% from distance educatio, SMU dose not provide regular courses,
So in that condition i m eligible for NET exam?
Please advise.
18th December 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m jaydutt i have m.b.a.(fin.) degree with 80% from ignou whether i m the elihible condidate to sit in net exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?