26th June 2015, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in IIT after Diploma in Chemical Engineering?

Hello,

I am in last year of diploma chemical engineering. I want to go in IIT for further studies. can i join it?

kindly answer me as soon as possible.

thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Can i get admission in IIT after Diploma in Chemical Engineering? -- [New]
  2. How to take admission in diploma in chemical engineering? How to apply online for diploma in chemical engineering?
  3. Minimum percentage required in Diploma to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in Institute of Chemical Technology?
  4. How to join B.Tech in IIT after completing diploma? I am doing diploma in chemical engineering
  5. Can I get direct admission in M.Tech in Chemical Engineering after completing diploma in chemical engineering?
  6. Procedure to follow to do diploma to degree in chemical Enginering in Gujarat
  7. Eligibility for Chemical Engineering diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Chemical/Mechanical Engineering) being a Diploma Chemical Engineer with one year of experience?
  9. Cutoff rank required in JEXPO to study Diploma in Chemical Engineering for SC candidate?
  10. How may I do B.Tech in chemical engineering? I've completed diploma in chemical engineering
  11. How much percentage is required in 12th standard to take admission in Chemical Engineering in IIT?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for B.E.(Chemical Engineering) if pursuing 3 years diploma programme after completing 10th standard?
  13. Which stream in B.Tech is a better choice for me to join after completion of Diploma in Chemical Engineering?
  14. Eligibility for B.Tech in Chemical Engineering in CSIR after doing diploma in Chemical Engineering of 3 years?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria asked in IIT for doing 3 years Chemical Engineering diploma course? What is the syllabus followed for the diploma entrance exam?
  16. Can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D Chemical Engineering programme on M.Tech basis?
  17. How can I take admission in IIT for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  18. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
26th June 2015, 09:13 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get admission in IIT after Diploma in Chemical Engineering?

No, you cannot get admission in IIT after the completion of Diploma course, because to get admission in IIT, candidates should appear for JEE main and Advanced exams. But, you are not eligible for these exams, because candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Maths, Physics and Chemistry subjects are only eligible to appear for these exams. So, as a diploma candidate, you cannot get admission in IIT institutes
26th June 2015, 09:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma in Chemical Engineering course. Only candidates who have pursued 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared and qualified JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you cannot get admission in IIT.
27th June 2015, 12:31 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am in last year of diploma chemical engineering. I want to go in IIT for further studies. can i join it?

kindly answer me as soon as possible.

thank you
Sorry to say that you are not eligible to get admission in IIT after completing the Diploma course. As per the rules of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), there is no possibility for diploma holder to apply for B.Tech in IITs. The diploma holder can get direct admission into the second year of Engineering through lateral entry. However, admission through lateral entry is not allowed in IIT. The Indian Institute of Technology only offers admission through entrance exam called IIT-JEE.

Official Website - https://www.iitm.ac.in
27th June 2015, 03:12 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

No you can not get admission in IIT after the completion of Diploma.
To get admission to IIT you must appear in the JEE Main and Advanced Entrance Examination which is allowed for students who have passed Class 12 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
So you are not eligible as IIT has no Lateral Entry Program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?