1st July 2015, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and eligibility to apply in JEE Main and Advanced for 11th Science student?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a student of class 11th Science of WBCHSE Board.
I want to apply for JEE Main and Advance.
Can I apply for this great entrance exam?
What is the eligibility criteria?
Kindly tell me the procedure also.

2nd July 2015, 08:21 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to apply in JEE Main and Advanced for 11th Science student?

No, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Main and Advance examinations being a 11th standard student. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard from a recognised board. Candidates who have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advance examination. Since, you have not completed your 12th standard, you need to wait one more year to be eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advance examinations.
2nd July 2015, 09:05 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to apply in JEE Main and Advanced for 11th Science student?

Eligibility criteria for JEE Main's :

>> You should complete 10+2 with minimum 50% of marks from the recognized board.

>> Age should be below 25 years for General candidates and there is Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

>> You need to passed out of 2014 and 2015 for JEE Main's 2016. And Final year candidates of 12th of 2016 can also apply for JEE Main's 2016.

Eligibility for JEE Advanced :

>> You need to get " Rank below 1,50,000 " in JEE Main for JEE Advanced Exam.

>> All eligibility criteria as JEE Mains for Advanced.

>> In addition to you can register your name for required IIT's or NIT's.

>> There is No gaps between the Number of Attempts for JEE Exams.
2nd July 2015, 09:11 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for JEE Main's :

>> You should complete 10+2 with minimum 50% of marks from the recognized board.

>> Age should be below 25 years for General candidates and there is Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

>> You need to passed out of 2014 and 2015 for JEE Main's 2016. And Final year candidates of 12th of 2016 can also apply for JEE Main's 2016.

Eligibility for JEE Advanced :

>> You need to get " Rank below 1,50,000 " in JEE Main for JEE Advanced Exam.

>> All eligibility criteria as JEE Mains for Advanced.

>> In addition to you can register your name for required IIT's or NIT's.

>> There is No gaps between the Number of Attempts for JEE Exams.
2nd July 2015, 01:04 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

11th science student is not eligible to apply for JEE Main and Advanced.

Eligibility Criteria :
Candidate who are 12th standard passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subject can apply for JEE Main and Advanced.

To apply for JEE Main and Advanced just visit http://jeemain.nic.in

Just register on the given website and fill up the details, upload your photo and signature. Just follow the instructions given on the website.
You have to make the fee payment online through Internet Banking, credit card, debit card etc.
2nd July 2015, 03:19 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To apply for JEE Main and Advanced exam, a candidate should have completed or pursuing his/her 12th standard. So, you can apply for JEE exams, only when you are in 12th standard and after the completion of 12th standard. Following is the eligibility criteria to apply for JEE Main and Advanced exams.
1. Candidate must have completed or pursuing 12th standard with PCM subjects.
2. Candidates must have studied at least five subjects in their 12th standard.
3. Candidate should have secured minimum 50% of marks in 12th standard.
2nd July 2015, 04:46 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No at that time you are not eligible for JEE Mains & Advance. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible to apply for this exam. The percentage require in 12th standard for applying in this exam is more than 50% but there is some relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Exam is conducted mainly from these subjects :-
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics.

For JEE Advance you must have to qualify JEE Mains first.
2nd July 2015, 07:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a student of class 11th Science of WBCHSE Board.
I want to apply for JEE Main and Advance.
Can I apply for this great entrance exam?
What is the eligibility criteria?
Kindly tell me the procedure also.
11th standard candidates are not eligible for JEE main and advanced exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

List of the best books for JEE Mains exam:-

Course In Physics For IIT-JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Course In Mathematics For IIT JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Problms And Solutions In Chemistry IIT-JEE
by
K Singh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2009)
3rd July 2015, 10:46 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hello

-> Sorry to say dear but in 11th standard you are not eligible to apply for JEE exam.

-> First you have to pass the 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognized board.

-> You must have 50 % marks in your 12th standard,relaxation is there for SC/ST/OBC categories.

-> After completion of 12th you can fill up the JEE form and give the exam of JEE mains.

-> once you clear the mains exams then you will be eligible further for Advanced test.

-> JEE exam contains following subjects:

Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics

All the best
thanku
5th July 2015, 05:34 PM
pointer01

Sorry to say dear, but now you are not eligible for JEE Main and Advance. Firstly, you have to complete 12th standard and then you will be eligible.
You can join the coaching for JEE Main in class 11th and can prepare yourself for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?