1st July 2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completing 12th Science?

Hello everyone,
I am 12th Science student and I wish that after my 12th Science I want to go for UPSC exam. Please tell me after my 12th I can apply for UPSC exam?

2nd July 2015, 07:56 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completing 12th Science?

UPSC conducts Various examinations for recruitment of candidates to different government departments and the required eligibility criteria varies from post to post. For most of the UPSC examinations, the minimum educational qualification is completion of Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. So, you are not eligible to appear in most of the UPSC examinations but, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination as the minimum educational qualification is completion of 12th standard from a recognised board.
2nd July 2015, 08:12 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course. You are absolutely eligible to apply for UPSC examination. Being intermediate candidate, you are eligible to apply for NDA and SCRA examination.

NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Army Wings, Navy Wings and Air Force Wings. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed intermediate with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. Final year of 12th examination may also apply.

The examination notification will be published in the month of February / March and July / August in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper. Only Online registration forms will be accepted. There is no offline mode of application forms.

SCRA i.e Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed intermediate or graduation with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. Final year of 12th examination may also apply. The candidate age should be between 17 years to 21 years and upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

The examination notification will be published in the month of November / December in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper. Only Online registration forms will be accepted. There is no offline mode of application forms.
2nd July 2015, 08:48 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can give UPSC Exam after 12th itself. But there is No growth for 12th based exams. If you want to settle in a good position then definitely you must complete graduation.

There by you can apply for UPSC Civil services which is the Top exam among all competitive exams. With this you will become a Collector ( IAS /IPS or Indian Foreign Services ) .

Thus you will be alloted based on your percentage of marks. And one more thing you need to satisfy the eligibility requirements for the same. So you can see it from the UPSC official website.

With 12th qualification you can apply for Exam and it is conducted by UPSC once in every year.Selection process will be based on written Examination and Interview.
2nd July 2015, 11:05 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination after completion of 12th Class in Science stream. UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is an examination conducting agency releases many notifications every year. Several notifications released by UPSC are, Civil Services Prelims Exam, Engineering Services Exam ,Indian Forest Service Examination, CDS Exam, NDA Exam, SCRA and Combined Medical Services Examination. Generally, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in above examinations is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university except for NDA and SCRA Examination.

Since you are 12th science candidate, you are eligible to apply for
>> SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentice) Examination
>> NDA and NA (National Defense Academy and Naval Academy) Examination.

Minimum Educational Qualification Required for NDA Exam:

* For Army Wing of NDA: 12th Class Pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education
* For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education with Physics and Mathematics or equivalent.

Minimum Educational Qualification Required for SCRA Exam:

>> Candidates must have passed in the First or Second Division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University.
2nd July 2015, 01:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I am 12th Science student and I wish that after my 12th Science I want to go for UPSC exam. Please tell me after my 12th I can apply for UPSC exam?
Yes, after 12th standard you can apply for UPSC exams like NDA and SCRA exam.

National Defence Academy is conducted by Union Public Service Commission to recruit the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for NDA exam. Candidates who have done 12th without having Mathematics and Physics subject are eligible for NDA exam but only in Indian Army post.

Your age should be in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination can apply for SCRA examination.

Those who have a completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics may also eligible to apply for this examination and there is no percentage bar required to apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be in between 17 years to 21 years.
2nd July 2015, 03:47 PM
mwh

You are not eligible for upsc exam
eligibility criteria:
candidate must be a citizen of india ,and subject of nepal ,bhutan, tibetan.
Age limit:
21-below 32 years.
Relaxation:for blind ,deaf,mute and handicappied relaxation is maxmium 10 years.
Attempts: general -6, OBC-9,SC/ST-UNLImited .
To apply for UPSC exam the candidate must hold degree from recognised university
2nd July 2015, 06:00 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC exams. However very few sectors recruit the candidates by taking into consideration of 10+2 or equivalent certificate.

NDA - National Defence Academy.

SCRA - Special Class Railway Apprentice's.

These two conducts written examination and Interview for the selection of candidates.

ELIGIBILITY :

* For both posts, the candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board or university.

* Candidates age should be between 16.5 to 18 years.

* Candidates in science stream should possess Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.

For NDA, the candidate should be physically fit without any bodily defect or infirmity.

SELECTION PROCESS :

* Written examination.

* Interview.

* Physical test.
2nd July 2015, 09:03 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
UPSC conducts various entrance exams for various posts and there are various eligibility criteria which is needed to be satisfied. Having completed +2, you can apply for exams such as NDA and SCRA.
  • NDA - National Defence Academy
  • SCRA - Special Class Railway Apprentices

The eligibility needed for NDA is:
  • Citizenship in India
  • Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 years
  • Martial status needed is unmarried male candidate
  • Educational qualification needed is completed +2 from a recognized school board of education
  • Candidate needed to be physically fit

The eligibility needed for SCRA is:
  • The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India
  • Age limit needed is 17-21 years and there are relaxation for other category candidates.
  • Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with physics and chemistry as subjects.

For more information check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?