1st July 2015, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join IPS/IES with 57% marks in 10th?

Hello sir,
I was failed once in mathemtics subject of 10th class. I have passed 10th class with 57%. Now i have completed 12th and BTECH with 70%. Will i face any problem during selection of IPS & Engineering service?

1st July 2015, 08:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join IPS/IES with 57% marks in 10th?

No, you will not face any problem to join IPS/IES even if you have secured 57% marks in your 10th standard. Candidates who have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to join IPS/IES. Eligibility criteria required to join IPS/IES is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and the maximum age should not exceed more than 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
1st July 2015, 09:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,
I was failed once in mathemtics subject of 10th class. I have passed 10th class with 57%. Now i have completed 12th and BTECH with 70%. Will i face any problem during selection of IPS & Engineering service?
No, it will not create any problem during exam of IPS and IES exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
1st July 2015, 10:21 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to join IPS/IES with 57% marks in 10th?

No you will never face any issue if you have an passing 10th certificate from any recognized board because as you mention that you fail once but passed it in compartment exam but in interview may be it affects a little but just focus on the test so just fill up the forms for the desired test and don't worry about 10th class marks
1st July 2015, 11:22 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to write the three civil service examinations conducted by UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Age limit of the candidates should be 21-30 years of age.

* Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates are applicable.

* Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree from any recognized university or institution with minimum percentage of marks.
1st July 2015, 11:44 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no any percentage requirement to apply for IPS/IES exam. Any candidate who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply for IPS/IES exams. So, you can apply for IPS/IES exams, even if you have only 57% of marks in your 12th standard. Then if you qualify in Preliminary, Main exam and Interview rounds, then you will get appointment letter from UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
2nd July 2015, 12:37 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to join IPS/IES with 57% marls in 10th. You will not face any problem during selection of IPS and Engineering service.

10th result is not required for IPS/IES. Candidates who have completed their graduation can apply for IPS/IES entrance exams.
2nd July 2015, 01:22 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a possibility to join Indian Police Service/ Indian Engineering Services with 57% marks in 10th Class. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for join either IPS or IES is " Degree of a recognized University or equivalent " Or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As far as my knowledge is concerned, percentage is no where is asked as part of eligibility criteria. Candidates who are appearing in the requisite Degree qualification also eligible for appearing in the examination. Since you have finally passed 10th Class from a recognized university, you are eligible to appear in IPS Entrance Examination or IES Entrance Examination. The minimum age required to join IPS/ IES is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years and the age is considered as on 1st August of the year of Examination. But you may be asked the reason why you have failed Mathematics in 10th class, besides that there will not be any problem during Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?