4th July 2015, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I write CDS exam after completing post graduation? What is the percentage criteria for writing CDS exam?

sir,
I have completed my graduation and I don't have required percentage to attend for CDS exam. And now I am doing POST GRADUATION can I write the exam after completion of post graduation and what is the percentage required for this. And should I require 50%percentage from my secondary education onward.

6th July 2015, 10:28 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write CDS exam after completing post graduation? What is the percentage criteria for writing CDS exam?

Eligibility to apply for CDS Examination :

>> You should complete graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

>> But actually there is No certain Percentage criteria for CDS exam.

>> Age should be as per the Defense Wings. And here we are giving you the age limits as per UPSC norms.

Indian Military : 19 to 24 years

Indian Air Force : 19 to 23 years

Indian Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years

>> Post graduate students can also eligible to apply for CDS exam once they have satisfied the Age limits.

>> You can chose any of the three wings as per merit of yours.

Selection Process :

>> Written Exams

>> SSB Interview
6th July 2015, 10:49 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write CDS exam after completing post graduation? What is the percentage criteria for writing CDS exam?

CDS exam stands for combined defense service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Indian army, navy and air force.

Education Qualification:

Indian Military Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

Indian Navel Academy: Bachelor of Engineering

For Indian Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized university with physics and mathematics at 10+2 level or bachelor of Engineering.

Age limit:

Indian Military Academy 2015:

Date of birth between 2nd July 1992 and 1st July 1997

Air Force Academy:

Age limit is 20-24 years.

Indian Navel Academy:

Date of birth between 2nd July 1992 and 1st July 1997

You must be unmarried male candidates to join CDS exam.

You must be citizen of India.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
6th July 2015, 12:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I have completed my graduation and I don't have required percentage to attend for CDS exam. And now I am doing POST GRADUATION can I write the exam after completion of post graduation and what is the percentage required for this. And should I require 50%percentage from my secondary education onward.
Yes, after completion of post graduation degree, you can apply for CDS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation or post graduation degree.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
6th July 2015, 03:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can write CDS Examination after completion of Graduation or Post Graduation with the above mentioned percentages. I am happy to say that, there is NO CERTAIN MINIMUM percentage is required in order to be eligible for appearing in Combined Defense Services (CDS) Examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Since there is no minimum percentage is required to be eligible for appearing in CDS Examination, you are eligible to give CDS Examination right after completion of Graduation itself and Post Graduation is not required at all. The detailed Educational qualification required is given below,

For Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy: Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

For Naval Academy: B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics (or) Bachelor of Engineering is accepted.

For Air Force Academy: B.Sc with Physics and/ Or Mathematics (or) Bachelor of Engineering is accepted.
6th July 2015, 08:19 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Don't worry about your percentage criteria because there is no percentage required to apply for CDS examination. Graduation is enough to apply for CDS examination. CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy. Being a male candidate, you can apply for any service depends upon your interest. But, if you are wiling to apply for Air Force and Naval Academy then you must have studied mathematics as mandatory subject at intermediate or graduation level. Let's see the eligibility criteria to apply for CDS exam.

Military Academy:

You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 24 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Final year of degree course may also apply.

Naval Academy:

You should have completed B.Sc degree with Physics or Mathematics from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Final year of degree course may also apply.

Air Force Academy:

You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification with mathematics at intermediate level. You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 23 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Final year of degree course may also apply.

Officer Training Academy:

You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years. Unmarried male / female candidates are eligible to apply. Final year of degree course may also apply.
6th July 2015, 09:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can write CDS examination after completion of your Post Graduation. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in CDS examination is completion of Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university and no percentage criteria is required to appear in CDS examination. No, it is not required to have 50% from your Secondary education to appear in CDS examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
--> Officers’ Training Academy :- 19-25 years

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> Indian Military Academy (IMA) :- You must have obtained Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
--> Indian Naval Academy :- You must have obtained Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
--> Indian Air Force Academy :- You must have obtained Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

4. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.

5. You must be Physically fit.
11th June 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Okay so during the course of post graduation or completion of it, what is the age factor for the post graduate in cds? I think then the age can be uptill 26/27?
18th November 2020, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

so ,i have completed my gradutaion from pragathi mahavidhalya degree college through the subjects of maths,statitics and data science.
can i apply for cds and enter into army??and my age is 23 right now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?