6th July 2015, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Is my son need to be under NRI category even after doing schooling for 3 years in India?

We are citizens of INDIA, residents of Saudi Arabia. My son took the admission in indian school in 6th grade, the school said his fee will be as per the NRI category. now he is continuing his education in same school in india. he is staying more than 3 years in india and legally still he is NRI or local category . please advise.

Related Questions:
  1. Will my son considered to be NRI if he has a valid visa of UAE to study in India?
  2. Do IIT colleges offer NRI quota for B.Tech courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Till which class a student can study in Abroad? To avoid NRI quota in which class he should come back to India?
  4. Does college of engineering, AP carry NRI quota for B.Tech course?
  5. Is there any NRI quota for engineering for Delhi Government Engineering Colleges?
  6. If I did schooling in India till class 10th and high secondary from USA will I be considered in NRI quota for DCE admission for B.Tech? Are there any exam centers in USA? How to get the current syllabus of the same?
  7. How can NRI get admission for PG course?
  8. Can I get admission through NRI seat in IIMS and other management colleges of India?
  9. Is it difficult to get admission to study Higher Secondary in India for a candidate who has completed 10th in Canada? Requirements for admission?
  10. How many years to study in Karnataka to be eligible for KCET? My son is an NRI
  11. Can I apply for Canada Schooling Visa for my son who is in 7th standard?
  12. What is the availability for NRI quota?
  13. How to admit my son for first year MBBS under NRI quota? Last date and fee structure?
  14. How can one get NRI status? Which are the colleges in which one can apply as NRI student? Are they eligibi
  15. How to get admission in engineering colleges through NRI quota? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?
  17. At what time a 5th standard student can study in Abroad to avoid being NRI?
  18. Procedure for admission in IIT Kanpur through NRI quota? Is there a separate entrance test?
7th July 2015, 10:14 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is my son need to be under NRI category even after doing schooling for 3 years in India?

Your son will still be considered as NRI even after completing 3 years of education in India .
According to Indian Law , any Non-Resident Indian will be called Indian citizen only after they have residing in India for 10 or more years.
Your son should continue your study in same school as NRI student.
7th July 2015, 03:40 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is my son need to be under NRI category even after doing schooling for 3 years in India?

Sir,
Talk to the principal that what they required for proving Indian citizen.If you have all documents those they want then you will be eligible to do education there as a citizen of India.They have no power to say that you are in NRI Category and they don't have power to take the fees as per NRI Category.So show all the documents those they want and as per rules.
7th July 2015, 11:51 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

By definition an NRI is a citizen of India who holds an Indian Passport and has temporarily immigrated to another country for six months or more for emplyment, residence, education and any other purpose.

Therefore by definition, your son is an NRI in the eyes of Law and therefore, he will have to be under NRI quota and would have to pay the fees and follows rules as per NRI candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?