12th July 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for B.Ed entrance exam having 48% in graduation?

Sir/mam I want to ask about percentage in graduation. I got only 48% in graduation so can i appear for b.ed entrance exam? I am very confused.

13th July 2015, 07:37 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Ed entrance exam having 48% in graduation?

Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university or those who are pursuing final year of Graduation are eligible to appear in B.Ed entrance examination. Some Universities will put 50% aggregate in Graduation as cut-off for candidates to be eligible to appear in B.Ed entrance examination. In such cases, you are not eligible to appear in B.Ed entrance examination.
13th July 2015, 11:12 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education which is useful to become Teacher in School or College.

Eligibility for B.Ed course:

You should have passed graduation from a recognized university with 50% marks.

There is no age limit for B.Ed course.

Duration of this course is 2 years.

You can do this course by regular or distance mode.

5% relaxation in case of SC/ST candidates.
13th July 2015, 12:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/mam I want to ask about percentage in graduation. I got only 48% in graduation so can i appear for b.ed entrance exam? I am very confused.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for B.Ed entrance exam.

Bachelor of Education (B.Ed ) is one year Teaching professional course which is divided into two semester.

Bachelor's Degree in any subject with atleast 50% marks at graduate level or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

Best books for B.Ed entrance exam:-

Complete Success Package for Guru Gobind Singh B.Ed Entrance Exam
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant (2011)

Maharashtra B.Ed Exam Guide
by
RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

B.Ed. Bachelor of Education Entrance Test: Previous Years' Papers (Solved)
by
R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)
13th July 2015, 01:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry that you are not eligible for B.Ed through regular mode with 48% in Graduation. Most of the B.Ed regular universities required at least 50% of marks at Graduation. However, you can try to B.Ed through management quota or You can do B.Ed through Correspondence or Distance mode. There are no minimum marks required for B.Ed through Correspondence or Distance mode.

Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed:

- Applicants should have a complete Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized Institute / University.
- Applicants must secure a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- There are no age limitations for B.Ed course.

Admission Procedure:

- Applicants must required to appear in an entrance test conducted by the concerned university to get admission for B.Ed through regular mode. The B.Ed entrance exam is generally held during the month of June/July. Please visit the respective university in order to get more Information regarding B.Ed admission process.
13th July 2015, 04:24 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Eligibility to Apply for B.Ed entrance exam:

* The candidate must have completed his/her graduation form recognized University with minimum of 50% of marks.

* There is no age limit for the B.Ed course.

* The candidate must be an Indian.

If you meet the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply for the B.Ed entrance exam. Sorry to inform you that your not eligible to apply for B.Ed entrance exam with 48% of in graduation.
13th July 2015, 05:55 PM
Swetanandrocks
Junior Member+

I am sorry to say that you cannot do B.Ed course with 48% in your graduation as the minimum required percentage to pursue B.Ed course is 50% in graduation.
13th July 2015, 06:30 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The eligibility for B.Ed entrance examination is 50% in Graduation. For SC/ST candidates there shall be some relaxation in marks given. There is no age limit for B.Ed courses.
13th July 2015, 06:36 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible for the B.Ed Entrance Examination as a candidate needs to be a Graduate to be eligible for the course of B.Ed.
So you are eligible for the B.Ed Entrance Examination and you must prepare for the Entrance Examination so that you can get admitted to best colleges for the course of B.Ed.
13th July 2015, 06:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for B.Ed entrance exam having 48% in graduation.

Eligibility to study B.Ed :
Candidate must have secure minimum 50% marks in graduation from any recognised university.
There is no age limit.
13th July 2015, 09:17 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
B.ed is a study of academics and if you study this you can get into teaching. The eligibility needed for applying for the B.ed course is:

# Candidate should have completed a degree such as B.com, B.sc, B.A from a recognized university with at least 55% aggregate.

To join in this course you need to apply for entrance exam and the exam which you can apply are:
  • AUAT exam
  • DU CIE exam
  • VBCAT exam
  • Rajiv Gandhi University Exam
  • CG Pre B.ed Exam
  • Alagappa University Exam
  • Assam University Exam
13th July 2015, 10:35 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
You are ineligible to apply for B.Ed through regular with 48% of marks in Graduation. Candidates should have completed a Bachelor degree in any discipline from any Institution or University which is recognized by UGC or AICTE with at least 50% marks (45% of SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) to be eligible for B.Ed through regular mode. Those aspirants who appearing in final year degree exams can also apply. However, if you belong from reserved category, then you are eligible for B.Ed through regular. Otherwise, you are not eligible for B.Ed through regular mode. However, you can do B.Ed through Distance mode.
14th July 2015, 07:26 PM
pointer01

hello,

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.
The minimum percentage required for entry in B.Ed course is 50% marks.

You must have Bachelor of Arts(BA), Bachelor of Science(B.Sc) or bachelor of Commerce(B.Com) degree from a recognized university/ Board with minimum 50% marks.

There is no any age criteria for B.Ed.

It is a 2 years course.

You can do this course on regular basis or through correspondence.

Good luck.
16th July 2015, 01:37 PM
kunalroy89

You have not mentioned your category. The minimum marks required for General /OBC candidates is 50% aggregate and for SC/ST is 45%. If you are from general/obc then it is difficult for you to get admission in almost any university for B.Ed.
But there are few private universities which offers correspondence courses for B.Ed for all candidates.BUT that will help you in getting a B.Ed degree only and NO Job. As most govt and private schools asks for graduation marks above 50% for general and 45% for SC/ST.
21st July 2015, 06:48 PM
Mshanth

Quote:
Hi friend,
To apply for b.ed entrance exam you need to have minimum 50% in graduation. Sorry friend without 50% its not possible to write b.ed entrance exam. All the best.
23rd July 2015, 12:10 PM
anil_bhatt

Quote:
If you are some reserved quota, then you are eligible (relaxation of 5%). Otherwise eligibility is 50%. If you don't have quota, then you are not eligible. But, you can go for masters degree (M.A) and try for some good private colleges like: Lovely Professional University, VIT, Osmania.... etc
23rd July 2015, 05:41 PM
bambam04
Member+

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for B.ed entrance exam after graduation there is no any restriction of percentage.
if you qualify the entrance exam of B.ed conducted by the committee then you are eligible for take admission in B.ed.
28th July 2015, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 48% in graduation with zoology and botany and 65% in PG with Sociology. can i appear for b.ed. with science stream. i m OBC candidate.
15th August 2015, 04:12 PM
DSP@1

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education,this is the one year course which will be considered as PG course for the candidates who are interested in teaching field.

The eligibility criteria for B.Ed. students are as follows:-

-Candidate must have completed his/her graduation from the recognized university with aggregate more than 50%.
-For SC/ST candidates there is relaxation of 5% in their aggregate.
-And there is no age limit.

As there is not age limit check your category whether you are eligible or not.If so then you are eligible to give the test for B.Ed.

If you do not met with criteria then you cannot do the B.Ed. course.
15th March 2016, 10:50 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education which is useful to become Teacher in School or College.

Eligibility for B.Ed course:

You should have passed graduation from a recognized university with 50% marks.

There is no age limit for B.Ed course.

Duration of this course is 2 years.

You can do this course by regular or distance mode.

5% relaxation in case of SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?