17th July 2015, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?

I have passed my ma english with fifty percent from ignou and I want know whether I am eligible to do my phd? Can someone please let me know the complete eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? Awaiting to get the answer soon.

Thank you!

17th July 2015, 04:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my ma english with fifty percent from ignou and I want know whether I am eligible to do my phd? Can someone please let me know the complete eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? Awaiting to get the answer soon.

Thank you!
You have completed M.A in English with 50 % marks from IGNOU so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

The educational qualification required for Ph.D course is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for Ph.D exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.
18th July 2015, 01:56 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?

Yes, you are eligible to do Phd after completing MA in English.

The basic eligibility to pursue Phd is the candidate must have completed his/ her Post graduation course in any stream. However, the candidate is eligible to do the Phd in the stream in which he/ she pursued Post graduation course.

The duration of this course is minimum of 2.5 years and maximum depends on the aspirant.
It generally takes 3-4 years of time to complete Phd program.
18th July 2015, 05:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 50% marks in post graduation then you are not eligible for Ph.D admission in India if you belong to general category. If you belong to reserved category then you can get admission after relaxation of 5% marks.

Therefore, make sure you belong to reserved category otherwise you don't have chance of getting admission in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?