27th May 2011, 01:48 AM
dhana001

Chances available after completing graduation? Is it possible to clear Civil Services?

I am pursuing my 1st year of graduation from IGNOU. I am 26 yrs. How many chances will i get wen i complete my graduation. Is it possible on the part of me to clear civil services as am doing my graduation through distance education.

25th July 2011, 10:09 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances available after completing graduation? Is it possible to clear Civil Services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhana001 View Post
I am pursuing my 1st year of graduation from IGNOU. I am 26 yrs. How many chances will i get wen i complete my graduation. Is it possible on the part of me to clear civil services as am doing my graduation through distance education.
If you Have doing your Graduation through Distance Mode and If your college are Recognised and Affiliated then you are eligible to apply for Civil services examination Because for this examination Any graduate candidates are eligible.

So, please dont worry Because After completing your Graduation degree course you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligiblity Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Examination -

- You Must be Graduate In any discipline form a recognised University.
- Your Age should not be more than 30 years and not less than 21 Years, Upper age relaxation is only applicable for Reserved category Candidates like SC, ST and OBC.
- Final Year Graduate Candidates are also apply for this examination.

Number Of Attempts -

If your are belong to general Category then you will get 4 Attempts to crack this examination, 7 for OBC Candidates and No Limits for SC, ST Candidates.

The Notification are Published in the month of February and updated in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

The candidates are allow to fill the application form Either Online or Offline.

If you are Interested to apply Online Then Please visit the UPSC Website But Offline application form you will be Obtained form your Nearest Post Offices.

The examination are conducted into Two Stages, preliminary exam and Main examination. If you have crack the Preliminary examination then you are eligible to apply for Main Examination.

So, please complete your Graduation first and then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and for more information please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
25th July 2011, 11:01 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances available after completing graduation? Is it possible to clear Civil Services?

First of all, I should inform you that to apply for any civil service, Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years..

Though relaxation of 3 years and 5 years are there for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

and the educational criteria is graduation in any discipline(for IAS, IPS etc...) and in engineering (for IES) under any recognized university.

Final year graduates can also apply.......But if selected, then final years students have to show their certificate of passing at the time of interview.

So if you fulfill the above criteria by the time of completing your graduation, you can apply for any civil service exam.

I have attached a file where you can get all the details about civil services in India.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf civil service details.pdf(346.2 KB, 78 views)
25th July 2011, 11:05 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi friend
to apply for the civil service exam criteria are as follows ....
*the candidates should be a graduate from a recognize university.
the age limit - 21 32 yrs their are some age relaxation for reserved candidates like st / sc & obc..

attempts for general student are 4 times & 7 times for obc candidates
no limits for sc/st candidates...............
to apply for this post you have to apply entrance exam under upsc .
after your rank you will be selected .

for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck........
26th July 2011, 12:12 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To appear in UPSC civil service exam, One must complete the graduation in any discipline from a recognized university, or one can appear in Civil service exams during the final year of the graduation..
As you are pursuing your graduation from IGNOU , then you are surely eligible for UPSC Civil service exam..
My friend as you are now in 1st year of your graduation and you are 26 years old.. So, It will take two more years to complete your graduation.. Then you can appear in civil service exam at the age of 28 years..
On the basis of that you can appear three times in UPSC civil service exam if you are from general category..
If you are from SC/ST then you will get 5 more chance to appear in the exam..
If you are from OBC then you will get 3 more chance to appear in the exam..

SO, work hard, prepare yourself for the Civil service exam and try to crack the exam at the very first attempt..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?