27th July 2015, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Requirements to join Air Force or Navy or Army for BBA graduate?

I have completed my BBA and I want to serve my nation. Can I know do I have any chance of getting into air force or navy or army?

27th July 2015, 09:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to join Air Force or Navy or Army for BBA graduate?

One who wishes to join Indian Defense Services after having Graduation degree can appear for the CDS exam conducted by UPSC .

CDSE stands for Combined Defence Services Exam .

UPSC conducts CDSE exam to make recruitment in the different wings of Indian Defense Services .

After clearing the CDSE exam, one can get recruited for the Lieutenant post in any one of the under mentioned wings of defense services.

- Indian Military Academy

- Naval Academy

- Air Force Academy

- Officer's Training Academy

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy is Graduation in any discipline,Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Naval Academy and 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Air Force Academy.

-The candidate age limit to apply for Indian Military Academy should be from 19 years to 24 years, for Indian Naval Academy;it should be 19 years to 22 years,for Indian Air Force Academy;it should be from 19 years to 23 years and 19 years to 25 years for Officer's Training Academy .

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
28th July 2015, 12:56 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# From your query, it came to know that you want to join any of the Indian defence force.

# Being graduate, the best option for you is that go for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

# Main eligibility conditions required for CDS Examination are:

* Must be in possession of any valid bachelor degree.
* Candidate in final year of graduation degree are also allowed.
* Only passing marks required for CDS Examination. No any fixed percentage marks required.
* Must be Indian citizen.
* Must be unmarried.
* Must be male for Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. While females are allowed for Officer Training Academy (OTA).
* Must be perfectly physically fit.
* Must have good moral character. Must not have any anti-social and anti-national record.

# Prescribed age limits for CDS Examination are:

* 19-22 years for Naval Academy (NA)
* 19-23 years for Air Force Academy (AFA)
* 19-24 years for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* 19-25 years for Officer Training Academy (OTA)

# Names of few recommended books for CDS Examination are:

* Lucent's General English
* Arihant's Objective General English
* Arihant's Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT
* Arihant's CDS Examination Book CDSE Pathfinder
* Arihant's Solved Papers of CDS Examination (Chapterwise and Sectionwise Solutions)
* Quantitative Aptitude by .S. Aggrawal
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal

# Few tips for CDS Examination are:

* Deeply go through the syllabus and his weightage.
* Make short notes on important and difficult topics.
* Make a timetable and allotted adequate time to each and every section as per your potential.
* Daily solve out one or two model or old question paper.
* In order to strengthening the elementary knowledge in different subjects, please refer NCERT books in this regard.
29th July 2015, 12:27 AM
pointer01

The UPSC organize a Combined Defense Services examination for recruiting the confident and intelligent peoples for different vacancies in the field of Defense. CDS exam is held twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria-

Nationality-
Aspirant must be an Indian.

Age limit-
For Indian Military, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army- Unmarried male applicants born not earlier and later than current date specified by the UPSC for CDS exam.

You can join the Indian Navy or Indian Army by qualify the exam of CDS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?