29th July 2015, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue mass communication for graduation after completion of 12th with PCB stream?

i am an student currently of 12 standard and doing my studies from pcb stream i want to know that whether my stream is suitable for the graduation in mass communication and which is the best college for it and what would be the minimum percentage required for that couse.? also the amount to be payed for the graduation from that college

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do course in Mass communication after 12th Commerce?
  2. What should I pursue in 12th to study Mass Communication in Graduation? Eligibility to get admission?
  3. How can I get admission to study Mass Communication in Graduation if secured 81% in 12th?
  4. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  5. Which is the best institute for graduation in mass communication in India?
  6. Doing mass communication as graduation course will benefit for qualifying IAS exams?
  7. Can I get admission to study B.Ed in Mass Communication if completed PG in Photography and in Creative Digital Media?
  8. Future opportunities or options available without Maths and Economics in 10+2?
  9. What are the available scopes for arts stream students? What course should I opt after 12th? Can I opt mass communication course after 12th?
  10. Procedure and entrance exams for Mass Communication course after 12th with Arts stream?
  11. Which subject I can take up for doing graduation course?
  12. Is mass communication possible after passing class 12th? Which course should I opt in order to do mass communication?
  13. What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering?
  14. Can a PCB 12th passed student make a career in Mass Communication? without maths -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Minimum percentage required for Mass communication after 12th standard commerce stream? Colleges?
  16. Can I prepare for the entrance exam of mass communication if I dont like Mathematics in 11th?
  17. What should I do to enter into Teaching field having done Graduation in Mass Communication?
  18. How to do mass communication after passing 12th?
29th July 2015, 02:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue mass communication for graduation after completion of 12th with PCB stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am an student currently of 12 standard and doing my studies from pcb stream i want to know that whether my stream is suitable for the graduation in mass communication and which is the best college for it and what would be the minimum percentage required for that couse.? also the amount to be payed for the graduation from that college
After completion of 12th with PCB, you are eligible for B.A in Mass Communication.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree in mass communication.

This course doesn't require any percentage marks in 12th standard.

You age should be above 17 years.
29th July 2015, 02:52 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Can I pursue mass communication for graduation after completion of 12th with PCB stream?

You have studied your 12th in PCB so you are not eligible for mass communication.mass communication is a science stream and you have to give entrance examination if you want to join in it.
so,you are not eligible to study mass communication.
29th July 2015, 03:26 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue mass communication for graduation after completion of 12th with PCB.

Eligibility :

Age of candidate must be above 17 years.

Candidate must have completed 12th class with 45% marks in any stream from any recognised board.
29th July 2015, 07:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Mass communication is an open field to any stream candidate. Therefore, don't worry and apply for admission in any reputed institute if you want to become a a journalist or join any media house.

Normally, you need 10 2 qualification with 50% marks for admission in most cases. Fee vary according to the kind of college. Private colleges are expensive and government colleges only have less fee structure.
29th July 2015, 08:35 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue mass communication course after completion of class 12.

Mass communication deals and it is the study of mass media such as newspaper, films, radio etc..,

The minimum eligibility criteria for applying graduation in mass communication course is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination in any stream from a recognized college/ board.

There were many colleges and institutes offering mass communication courses. Few of them are as follows:

* Delhi university
http://www.du.ac.in/du/index.php?mac...t01returnid=83

* Assam university
http://www.aus.ac.in/masscommunication.html

* Banaras Hindu university
http://www.bhu.ac.in/arts/journalism_mass_comm/

* Patna university
http://www.patnauniversity.ac.in/notification.html
18th May 2016, 04:06 PM
AnjaliVerma91

Smile Re: Can I pursue mass communication for graduation after completion of 12th with PCB stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well definitely you can pursue mass com after PCB. Mass communication requires a very creative thinking and like other courses dedication. There are many colleges that take direct admission or a simple entrance test depending upon your profile. I myself have done my mass com course from SACAC, New Delhi and it was a great learning experience for me. Hope this helps.
18th May 2016, 04:17 PM
AnjaliVerma91

Well definitely you can opt for the mass comm course. Mass comm requires creative thinking and dedication. You can get admission either directly on the basis of your marks or a entrance test score. I'm also a mass comm graduate from SACAC, New Delhi and I can assure you that it would be a great learning experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?