30th July 2015, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

How to get job in Merchant navy on 10th basis when scored 50% marks in the same?

i am 12th passed student. i want a job in marchent navy on 10th base. i had 50% in 10th

30th July 2015, 09:33 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in Merchant navy on 10th basis when scored 50% marks in the same?

There are various posts from deck cadets to Officer level jobs in Merchant Navy. The salary package and perks depends on the type of job you choose.

However, to get the job in Merchant navy the candidate should have completed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board with PCM subjects.

The candidates who have completed class 12th can go into Merchant navy through Direct entry for deck cadet job. But the candidates who completed bachelor's degree can apply for various jobs in Merchant navy.
30th July 2015, 11:23 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get job in Merchant navy on 10th basis when scored 50% marks in the same?

I am sorry to say you that, you cannot join Merchant Navy after class 10.
If you are aspiring to join Merchant Navy then you must fulfill the following qualification:

A candidate must have completed his 12th standard with PCM from recognized Board.
Age of candidate should not exceed 21 years.
Only unmarried male can apply for it.
A candidate should be Indian by Nationality.
So you are eligible from your class 12th result.
30th July 2015, 11:57 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

You can join merchant navy after 12th standard. You can join two different department i.e. Deck field & Engineering field.

In Deck Field
You will join as a deck cadet and promoted to ship captain.
Course available for this field is B.Sc in Nautical.

In Engineering Department.
You will join as a 3rd engineer and will be promoted as 1st engineer.
You have to get one year certificate for this field and you will be eligible for this certificate after completing B.Tech in Mechanical trade.

Admission in B.Sc Nautical course is based on entrance exam so you have to qualify that exam. Only good scorer's are allowed to get admission in reputed colleges rest may join any other private institution's.
31st July 2015, 04:48 PM
pjgp

No, you can not enter in merchant navy because qualification is 10+2 but your qualification is only 10th standard.
The candidate must complete 10+2 with physics, maths, chemistrx as main subjects.
Physical fitness, mental fitness , good eye sight, no colour blindness are required.
31st July 2015, 05:54 PM
pointer01

You should improve your percentage. Mainly, the 12th percentage is not considered. But the percentage of class 12th plays an important role in taking admission to Merchant Navy. You must passed class 12th for getting job in Merchant Navy.After that you have to qualify the entrance exam.
So, try to improve your percentage in class 12th. Work hard for that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?