2nd August 2015, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the maximum age allowed for NET exam after completion of Ph.D course?

I have done M.com and PHD and my age is 41 years could I eligible for net exam.l want to know age bar for PHD holders.? Is it possible for me to do the exam now or not? Can you please provide me the complete eligibility criteria for the same?

Thank you!

3rd August 2015, 01:45 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the maximum age allowed for NET exam after completion of Ph.D course?

There is no age limit for Ph.D candidates to appear for NET exams.

NET exams are held for the selection of lecturers. There is no upper age limit for the Ph.D candidates to appear in NET exams.
3rd August 2015, 10:56 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the maximum age allowed for NET exam after completion of Ph.D course?

Required National Eligibility Criteria (NET) Exam Age Criteria:

National Eligibility Test Entrance Examination is basically conducted by University Grants Commission for admission for either JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) or Assistant Professor posts. Age Criteria required for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor are given below separately.

For Assistant Professor:

@ There is NO UPPER AND LOWER age limit for applying for post of Assistant Professor.

For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF):

@ Not more than 28 years
An age relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non Creamy Later), as per the central list of OBC available on NCBC website or SC/ PWD/ ST categories and to women candidates.

@ Age relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant subject of post graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years on production of a certificate from authority.
3rd August 2015, 01:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done M.com and PHD and my age is 41 years could I eligible for net exam.l want to know age bar for PHD holders.? Is it possible for me to do the exam now or not? Can you please provide me the complete eligibility criteria for the same?

Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam in Lectureship post.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
3rd August 2015, 03:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for NET examination as the maximum age allowed to appear for NET exam is 35 years of age.

Eligibility for NET/SLET examination:

1. The basic eligibility for appearing in NET/SLET examination is that the andidate should have a Masters degree or equivalent in related subjects from a recognized University.

2. Aspirants must have obtained a minimum of 55% in PG.

3. Aspirants appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible.

4. Aspirants should have pursued their course as specified by UGC.

5. Candidates who have qualified the SET exam are also eligible to appear for this examination.

6. Maximum age of the candidate should not exceed beyond 35 years.
3rd August 2015, 09:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

According to the NET notification you need 28 years of age or below for JRF. There is relaxation of age for candidates who belong to reserved category.

For lectureship there isn't any upper age limit means you can apply for NET without worrying about your age if you are aiming for lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?