3rd August 2015, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get direct admission in Ph.D. (Sociology) at New Delhi?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission for doing Ph.D in Sociology?
  2. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
  3. Colleges and guidelines for PhD Sociology?
  4. Is it possible to get direct admission in Ph.D. (Sociology) at New Delhi? -- [New]
  5. How to prepare for Ph.D(sociology) entrancing exam? Is there any age limit to get admission in Ph.D? I have been completed my MA in sociology.
  6. Can I get direct admission to study M.Phil after completing M.A. in Sociology?
  7. Is PhD in Sociology course offered in BHU? Procedure to get admission?
  8. How can I get admission in Ph.D(Sociology) in India if studying M.S. in Iran? How much does it costs?
  9. Details of pursuing PhD in Sociology at Calicut University?
  10. Detailed information about Ph.D in Sociology?
  11. Can I get direct admission in Kolhan University to study PhD with 60% in Post Graduation?
  12. Can I do PhD again to become a Lecturer in Psychology from same university if completed PhD in Sociology?
  13. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry
  14. List of colleges which offer Regular M.Phil(Sociology) course for a candidate who has secured 54.77% in M.A.?
  15. Percentage required for Ph.D in sociology after completing graduation in sociology as a non collegiate? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Universities offering PhD in Sociology course through Distance Learning in India? Eligibility to get admission?
  17. Can I become a Lecturer if pursuing PhD in Sociology through UGC-NET?
  18. How to do PhD after MCA? Admission will be based upon any entrance or direct?
4th August 2015, 12:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission in Ph.D. (Sociology) at New Delhi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can not apply direct to Ph.D admission in Sociology so better you can apply for UGC NET exam for Ph.D admission.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
4th August 2015, 02:16 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission in Ph.D. (Sociology) at New Delhi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry it is possible for you to get direct admission for PhD in Sociology. You are required to appear and qualify in the UGC NET entrance exam or the entrance exam organized by the concerned university in New Delhi University. However, please visit the concerned university official website to get complete information about the PhD in Sociology admission process.

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a PhD in Sociology is holding a Master's degree in Sociology or its equivalent qualification with 55% of marks from a recognized university.

Colleges Offering PhD Sociology in Delhi:

Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University For Women
Address: Maidan Garhi, Delhi,New Delhi, Delhi 110006
Email: [email protected]

Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi
Address: Jamia Nagar, Delhi,New Delhi Delhi 110025
Email: [email protected]

University Of Delhi, Delhi
Address Chattra Marg, University Enclave, Delhi Delhi,North Delhi Delhi 110021
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
4th August 2015, 05:45 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

On completion of Masters course candidates can apply for the Ph.D programme. A minimum of 55% in the qualifying course is a must. It is a must to have good academic record. Candidates who have secured 60% marks in the M.Phil programme offered by the University are eligible for direct admission to the Ph.D programme. Those who have secured between 50-60% in the M.Phil programme can apply for admission to the Ph.D programme.
4th August 2015, 08:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It will be difficult to get admission directly if you want admission in a reputed university like JNU or DU in Delhi. You need other qualifications like NET/SET/JRF score plus you have to appear for interview also.

If you want admission in a not so reputed university in Delhi then you can surely get without any problem.
4th August 2015, 10:09 PM
mrss

Yes it is possible to get admission in Phd course. But the eligible criteria for this course is you have to do your post graduation with above 55% marks at university. There is no age limit criteria for this Phd course.
4th August 2015, 10:39 PM
xiomi china

Yes, this is possible to get direct admission in Delhi, but in which college you want to get yourself admitted matters most. So, if you are thinking of Delhi university then you are not going to make it in this way, yes you can try for other colleges. So, i can suggest you to look for the Government colleges in the Delhi, they will surely take your admission based on your Qualification as well as the marks you obtained in your previous academic.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?