27th May 2011, 04:52 PM
cool.svadiraj

Should I join IIT coaching classes or do self study?

i am joining 1 PUC(karnataka pu syllabus) from 10 cbse
should i join IIT coaching class or read IIT preparation books
which one is usefull. if i join IIT coaching class it will be difficult to concentrate on board exam

6th August 2011, 06:17 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Should I join IIT coaching classes or do self study?

If you are currently in class 10th then you don't actually need to join IIT JEE coaching classes. You can prepare on your own by doing stuff of somewhat higher level than your class 10th syllabus. You can join coaching classes also but then you have to make some more efforts towards your 10th board pattern.

It is better to join coaching classes after 10th only although many students now a days started taking coaching from class 8th as the foundation courses for IIT JEE exam. But they are not as much necessary if you are sincere towards your studies. If you think you can not cope up with your boards if you join coaching then you must not go for it.
6th August 2011, 10:33 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.svadiraj View Post
which one is usefull. if i join IIT coaching class it will be difficult to concentrate on board exam
dear friend,
for cracking iit jee exam, not only hard work is required but strategy is also required for preparation. you must first study from ncert books to clear your concept. after that i will suggest you to study from
tata mcgraw hills for maths
d c pandey for physics
arihant for chemistry
you must also for once try to solve all the previous years question papers to get the knowledge of pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
while solving the sample papers, never see the solution directly. first try to solve the questions by yourself two to three times. if then also you fail, then see the solution.you must remember these tips to get good result.
you can also join a coaching institute to make your preparations better. the best coaching centers of india are
bansal coaching
resonance
fiitjee
super 30
akash institute
you can join any one of them.
good luck.
7th August 2011, 02:04 AM
samir14

Dear Friend

Since your aim is to high it will cost also high.
With your full effort you must join a coaching center which will help you in cracking the iits.

There are some coaching center which you can join....

1.www.aakashiitjee.com
2.www.resonance.ac.in
3.www.bansaliitjee.com
4.www.careerpointgroup.com

All the best
7th August 2011, 07:30 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
doing self study is not a good option for preparing for the IIT............
if you dont want to do coaching take private tutions and study under someone experience holder person..............

do not try to self study it will be not beneficial for you............study under some guidence person............he will guide you how to prepare for the exams.....
7th August 2011, 11:54 AM
naazks

If u have trust on youself n if u can do hard work thn ther is no need to join u can take help of many books n internet n u can do it by urself

or else join classes
7th August 2011, 01:09 PM
rana2011
Banned

If you are currently in class 10th then you don't actually need to join IIT JEE coaching classes.It is better to join coaching classes after 10th only although many students now a days started taking coaching from class 8th as the foundation courses for IIT JEE exam.

SO,You can prepare on your own by doing stuff of somewhat higher level than your class 10th syllabus.
You can join coaching classes also but then you have to make some more efforts towards your 10th board pattern.

Thanks!
7th August 2011, 01:27 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
See both IIT coaching centres and good books for IIT JEE preparations will be useful to you.By joining coaching centre you can get an of the exam by appearing in the tests conducted by the concerned institute..
By studying books you can gather more and more knowledge about the different subjects and you can be more thorough with syllabus..

Best wishes...........
7th August 2011, 03:04 PM
Bmsri

Hi,
preparation for a competitive exam is more important than wishing to write it.
Most people wish to write competitive exams but they won't put the right effort need. as you have now only finished your 10th it is now early .start your preparations next year.Going to coaching centre will be better than doing self study. Going to coaching centre won't make you clear exam. Important thing is choosing a right coaching centre where they will give full involvement and give you importance.
all the best
7th August 2011, 04:03 PM
Er. vinod kumar saini

you should take iit foundation course of various coaching instituets after 10th.
because to uderstand every topic of pcm is necessory to get good rank in iit.
7th August 2011, 05:04 PM
dhruv007

For getting boast in IIT-JEE you should join coaching classes .IIT-JEE is the one of the toughest entrance exams in india . for qualifying AIEEE you can prepare yourself by studying in home. IIT is the harder one.
7th August 2011, 07:26 PM
sg1991

Do not join any IIT JEE coaching institute if you are in class 10th. But if you want, you can buy some books to begin your studies. Following books will be good-

* Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma, Part 1 and 2
* Mathematics by R. D. Sharma
* Chemistry by O. P. Tondon
* All books of Arihant Publications
* Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyed
* NCERT books of PCM of Class 10th & 12th

After you have passed 10th class, you can join a good coaching institute and simultaneously study for school exams. If you like, you can also do self study for IIT.
7th August 2011, 08:24 PM
aisham

Thumbs up Re: Should I join IIT coaching classes or do self study?

Quote:
Now you will be having your Board exams so don't join the coaching know. First you only concentrate on your studies after 10th you join. Otherwise you will get very hectic schedule and you will not be able to concentrate on any of them. So Ist try hard to get good percentage in 10 th after you go for coaching.
9th August 2011, 09:09 AM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Should I join IIT coaching classes or do self study?

Quote:
IIT Coaching - A necessary Or Not!

So, Guess you are out of the tension of your boards now! Wondering what's the next big step? Well, Its the time for Soul Searching!!!

Yes! Before you leap towards IIT/AIEEE/Any other entrance Exam, You need to really know if you are interested or Deserve to take the Exam! What i intend to say is that you should know if you really want to crack the particular exam on your own (Fully aware of your Strengths & Weaknesses )or Want some guidance to do so.

No person on this Earth Can judge you better than yourself! So its left upon you Entirely! Well You can ask other's opinion and Remember they just give you various Options and The Last Step & The important One of Decision Making lies on your shoulders. I can Give you My Opinion too. Just have a Look!

Step 1:
Take any previous IIT Paper and Sit & Solve it for a complete 3 Hrs duration without any disturbance from the Outside World And Nay with Ful Concentration!!!

Step 2:
No matter how many marks you get, Just take the paper and Analyse it! As to how many questions were you able to follow and Actually Understand 'em, Because Understanding JEE Problems itself takes a huge amount of time and The solving process comes later.

Don't get dis-heartened if you go "0" Or Worst (even Negative). Don't worry! Its just the Beginning!

Step 3:
Now comes the actual Moment Wherein you try and Analyse Yourself! Yes Yourself and i mean It! At this stage, you 'll have to Re-consider yourself, Your Confidence Level, your Fears while Actually Going through the Paper. Its time, you get to know yourself!!!

The Following Questions Can Be Put forward to yourself for Example:
♦ Did I have any Exam Phobia Kind Of thing? (Because the Actual notion that many have regarding JEE is the Papers are really really tough)

♦ Was i Atleast even a little Confident While I took the Exam and In the Process? (now this factor is really important)

♦ Was I at Ease with myself Solving the Problems? (like did they (questions) give you goose-bumps, just going way above your Head???
So these are Certain Few Questions which you can put to yourself and Ask out the "Within you"- "Am i Ready to Face the Test Myself???"

If the Answer is Positive & confident, then i think you should go on your Own towards JEE, And If the Anser just doesn't seem to caome out, Then i think its better you Go And Try for the Already Existing Coaching Centres.
Points to take Care Of:

Searching a Good Coaching Centre is Very Very Important and a Crucial Factor Too. You Can't Simply be taken in just because the Insti Holds an Excellent record for Training JEE Aspirants! Go, And Ask out the Surrounding Persons regarding the Insti and Hope to get a Good Correct Response From the Sources.

▒ Beware of the Distractions!!! This factor is the One that Degrades many Aspirants from their Actual Track! Just Keep Your Mind Focussed and Strong!

So that was it!!!
Hope it Helps you Out!!!

Regards,

Nik
17th December 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

i want to do iit but which cllge is best for it?
7th February 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

i am in 9th standard now.is 10th the right time to join the coaching classes....
19th March 2012, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

sir ,given the exams of 10th as per cce pattern Iwant to do IIT, but I am not a topper of my class I come in average
but i have con fi dence that i can try ,what should i do?
20th March 2012, 12:26 AM
passionignities

these days 10th board lose its significance and course is too flexible but compitition is very tough specially in IITJEE.start preparing from now and join correspondance courses of coaching classes.if you go for coaching it may be difficult to manage and if you are brilliant student then correspondance is enough and join test series so that you can test your knowledge.Best of luck.may your dreams come true
20th March 2012, 01:59 AM
Ankur.Sunny

Quote:
Hello friend.
These days, it has become the greatest competition to crack IIT. And to crack IIT, you must have to do hard work, clear your concept, take reference with different books, solve previous years IIT question papers as well as sample papers and as much than these.
Therefore, you should study by clearing your 10th concepts completely then you can join two year classroom study for IIT in some of the IIT coaching institutes like Fiit-Jee, Akash institute, Bansal classes, resonance and Brothers academy. After joining in any of the coaching centres you can get complete guidance for your IIT preparation and also your concepts will become more clear.
Hope for your better future scope.
Regards
Ankur~
20th March 2012, 02:21 AM
sachin170490

Quote:
firstly you have to main concentrate on you board exam now. Then join the IIT coaching class. After board exam you should hardwork in coaching and self study too.
20th March 2012, 09:47 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

hello..

It is a good question. When i was preparing for IIT-JEE same question arised in my mind. So here i can give you some tips.

1)IIT-JEE is a very high level and top priority exam as all students know in india. So preparing for IIT is a big challenge for us.

2) If you are a high scoring student then you know yourself better from us . But if you will prepare by urself then that will be a big challenge for you.

3) If you want to prepare at home then you can order materials from reputed institutes and prepare by urself. You have to give so much time for it.

4) Regular practice and by giving regular online tests Equivalent to IIT-JEE will increase your pick-up .

5) But for your complete satisfaction i will recommend that you take coaching because at coaching classes the experienced teachers can help you a lot and can guide you through the every year question patterns.

6) But overally preparation of IIT depends upon your caliber and intrest. So it depends upon your hard-labor. teachers can tell you the way to approach but it the labour you all need to do.

I hope that these above points can help you to make the right descission.

All the best for your IIT-JEE.
8th May 2012, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I want to do iit but which college is best for it
8th June 2012, 11:42 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Should I join IIT coaching classes or do self study?

Dear IIT-JEE aspirant,

I think you must do coaching class to prepare for IIT-JEE exam.

Coaching classes help students to qualify exam. They create an environment of competitions in their coachings. They provide valuable resources like notes, expert guidance, previous year question papers and much more tutorials.

You are thinking to crack IIT-JEE exam by self-study. It is not easy as you are thinking it to be. Most of the aspirants think so but they are failed to do so and in this way their 1 year get spoiled.

I think you must join a good coaching institution either in Kota or anywhere else.

If you are moving towards Kota, then that is the right place for you to prepare for IIT-JEE exam. 43% selection in IIT-JEE are from Kota only.

Best of Luck for upcoming exams...
19th June 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is in 8 std in cbse school , shall she start some studies at this level for IIT JEE entrance exams. If yes then where I can get study material for self study.
8th December 2013, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12th standard. I didn't go for any coaching classes for IIT JEE examination. I am doing self study.so how can I get good marks in the exam. please give me some tips and ideas.
23rd March 2014, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

i am in now 12th and i am confused wether to join any coaching or not?? Or do self study and and take dlp from coaching institute.....
27th April 2015, 10:46 AM
PATHGUIDE

It is fully dependent on the student, if you are able to manage and can study according to the time table then it is best to prepare by self study.
But you will also need good books and good practice questions.
If you have any doubts in any topic then you should clear it from your seniors then only you can keep your basics clear which is prelim requirement to score good in IIT exam.

With coaching benefit is that you can fit yourself to a particular schedule and prepare side by side with your school.
It will keep you strict to the schedule, provide you study materials, books and practice questions and doubt clearing sessions.

So it is up to you what you choose.
At the end hard work matters either with self study or with coaching preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?