6th August 2015, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for NET 2016 Arts stream

I passed M .A education lateral of one year after doing
B.end. I have 55 percent marks. So am I eligible for net 2016 exam?

p

6th August 2015, 01:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for NET 2016 Arts stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

p
If you have completed M.A in Education with above 55% marks then you are eligible for UGC NET 2016 exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for UGC NET exam 1026. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
6th August 2015, 09:10 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes.You are eligible to apply For NET(National Eligibility Test) Conducted By UGC to award JRF(Junior Research Fellow) & Lecturership.You have passed M.A.so you can apply for UGC NET 2016

Eligibility

Qualification
- You have passed or appearing in final year of Master degree in any specialization with atleast 55% from recognized university.

Age Limit

1) For JRF
- General Category : 28 Years
- OBC/SC/ST/PH : 33 Years

2) For Lecturership
- No Upper Age Limit
- M.Phil & Ph.D candidates are exmpted to appear NET
- SET(State Eligibility Test) Passed candidates are also exmpted to appear NET

Important Dates
- Start Online Submission : 16/04/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 15/05/2015
- Exam Date : 28/06/2015
6th August 2015, 09:33 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for NET 2016 :

>> If you want to apply for NET Examination you should have " Master's degree in Your specific course" from the recognized university like MA( Master's of Arts ) .

>> With at least 55% of marks in PG and there is a percentage relaxation of 5% for Ph.D holders.

>> For Junior Research Fellowship : Age should not more than 28 years.

>> For Lectureship : No upper Age limit.

You can apply for NET Exam through Official website www.ugc.in
6th August 2015, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I have done post graduation %uD83C%uDF93 in English and I want to appear for Net... Want to know about the apply procedure...
6th August 2015, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I have done post graduation %uD83C%uDF93 in English and I want to appear for Net... Want to know about the apply procedure...
6th August 2015, 03:57 PM
Akanshagupta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

p
In previous year, NET eligibility is above 55% marks in Master degree from university and institution, recognized by UGC. And if you will appear at the qualifying master degree then you can apply for this. Postulant OBC/SC/ST or PWD categories are required to submit the attested copy of certificate with online printout of their application form. For an applicant, age limit is not more than 28 years. SC/ST/OBC and PWD can find the 5 year relaxation. And if you are in the age of 28 year old then you can apply. Best of luck…..
6th August 2015, 05:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. This entrance examination is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year in the month of June and December every year for:

>>Lectureship.

>>Junior Research Fellowship.

The eligibility criteria to appear for the NET examination is that candidates must have done master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Your percentage of marks must be 55% or more than it. For reserved category candidates, it is 5% less.

As you have done master of arts with 55%, you are eligible for the National Eligibility Test. The notification for the NET exam for December 2015 is not released, so you can wait for it.

The upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

If you want any more details about UGC NET then Click here.
7th August 2015, 12:07 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the National Eligibility Test is that the aspirant must have done master's degree in with at least of 55% marks in master 's degree for open category candidates. Even final year candidates of post graduate degree can apply for the NET exam.

You can apply with master of arts having 55% marks in it.

It is conducted for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. There is no upper age limit for the lectureship but the upper age limit for JRF is 28 years. This exam is held in month of June and December. UGC conducts this exam whose official website is www.ugc.ac.in
15th August 2015, 11:00 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

hi
If you want to apply for NET Examination you should have " Master's degree in Your specific course" from the recognized university like MA( Master's of Arts ) .

>> With at least 55% of marks in PG and there is a percentage relaxation of 5% for Ph.D holders.

>> For Junior Research Fellowship : Age should not more than 28 years.

>> For Lectureship : No upper Age limit.

You can apply for NET Exam through Official website www.ugc.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?