6th August 2015, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

How can I get admission for 2016 session in IIT?

Sir,i am appearing for lst sem in diploma in civil engg. How can i get admitted in IIT FOR 2016.Explain me whole procedure

6th August 2015, 11:46 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get admission for 2016 session in IIT?

The procedure is simple. You need to get through the entrance exams to get yourself a seat in the government engineering colleges. Along with the IIT's, lets tell you about the other options as well.

>>For various IIT's, you need to crack IITJEE

>>For the NIT's you need to clear AIEEE exam.

>>There are different state Entrance exams like UPSEE for Uttar Pradesh which you need to crack for the state government exams.

>>Some private university exams like BITS and VITEE for institutions like BITS and VIT.

So, the procedure is simple. Just crack the exam and get yourself in any of the engineering college of the country.

Also, since you are in the diploma, so you have two options-
either you prepare for the entrance exam and drop out of your diploma if you get selected.
OR
complete your diploma and then prepare for the entrance exams and get lateral entry directly to the 2nd year of the engineering course.

You have to select the one with your potential and convinience.
6th August 2015, 12:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for the entrance examination to get the admission in the IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) as you are diploma candidates.

The eligibility to appear for the IIT entrance examination through the JEE is :-

* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main paper in the 10+2 examination.

But if you are interested in the B.tech course you are eligible to pursue the degree but you need to qualify in the LEET examination through which you can get the admission in the 2nd year of the B.tech after the 3rd year of the diploma.
6th August 2015, 03:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, diploma candidates are not eligible to get the admission in the IIT. As they are not eligible to appear for the JEE Advance being diploma candidates. But you are eligible to appear for the JEE Mains examination.

The eligibility to appear for the JEE examination is :-
* Candidates must have pursue the PCM in the 10+2.

Candidates after qualifying in the Mains examination become eligible for the Advance but this will be not for your case. So you are only eligible to get the admission on the Mains score.

But you have another option as the LEET through which you are eligible to get the admission in the different institute to pursue the B.tech directly in the 2nd year.

The examination are generally conducted in the month of April and May for the LEET where as in the April for the Mains.
6th August 2015, 05:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for the Indian Institute of Technology. The entrance to this institutes is given on the basis of rank secured in the JEE Advanced. JEE stands for the Joint Entrance examination is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education.

This examination has two stages:

>>JEE Mains.

>>JEE Advanced.

Being a first semester candidate of diploma in Civil engineering, you are not eligible for the Joint Entrance Examination mains in 2016. The eligibility criteria for the JEE Mains is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with PCM or diploma from a recognized institute.

You can appear for the JEE Mains exam after completing your diploma in civil engineering. Till then you can prepare for the examination.
6th August 2015, 07:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For getting admission in IIT one has to appear for JEE Main and Advanced 2016. According to eligibility criteria for this exam diploma holders are not eligible for it because it doesn't have any lateral entry procedure.

You have to appear lateral entry exam in 2016 for getting admission in other engineering colleges. Diploma holders are not eligible for IIT B.Tech course.
7th August 2015, 12:31 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Indian Institute of Technology, an aspirant must clear both the stages of Joint Entrance Examination and must have good marks. The first stage is mains and candidates who clear this stage become eligible for Advanced stage.

The eligibility criteria for JEE mains is that candidate must have done 12 th or its equivalent from a recognized institute. Diploma candidates are also eligible for JEE mains but those who have passed or are in final year of it.

You are in first semester of diploma in civil engineering so you are not eligible for mains in 2016.
15th August 2015, 11:12 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

Sorry, diploma candidates are not eligible to get the admission in the IIT. As they are not eligible to appear for the JEE Advance being diploma candidates. But you are eligible to appear for the JEE Mains examination.

The eligibility to appear for the JEE examination is :-
* Candidates must have pursue the PCM in the 10+2.

Candidates after qualifying in the Mains examination become eligible for the Advance but this will be not for your case. So you are only eligible to get the admission on the Mains score.

But you have another option as the LEET through which you are eligible to get the admission in the different institute to pursue the B.tech directly in the 2nd year.

The examination are generally conducted in the month of April and May for the LEET where as in the April for the Mains.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?