9th August 2015, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering?

Hello Sir,
I'm Mayank Bhardwaj ,I'm Doing B-tech from IP university(delhi) in MAE (Mechanical & Automation Engineering), 2nd Year.
My Question is " Will I eligible to attempt the IES exam In 2016?"

9th August 2015, 07:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I'm Mayank Bhardwaj ,I'm Doing B-tech from IP university(delhi) in MAE (Mechanical & Automation Engineering), 2nd Year.
My Question is " Will I eligible to attempt the IES exam In 2016?"
No, you can not appear in IES 2016 exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation:-

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
9th August 2015, 09:39 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

IES exam stands for Indian Engineering Service which is conducted by UPSC every year.

3rd year candidates are not eligible for IES exam.

Eligibility for IES exam:

You should have passed a engineering degree(Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics) from a recognized university. Appearing in final year candidates are also eligible for IES exam.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

3 years of OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates

You must be citizen of India.

Selection Process:

Prelims exam

Mains exam

Interview
9th August 2015, 11:24 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year.

The eligibility criteria required for appearing the same examination are as here under :-

--> You must have the nationality of India.

--> Your age must lie within 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per the government service norms.

--> You must hold the bachelor of engineering or technology degree from a recognized university. Final year ( Fourth year ) students are also eligible.

The examination is held in three stage which are as Stage I ) Preliminary test, Stage II ) Mains & Stage III ) Personal interview.

The questions will be asked from either of a trade mentioned below for which you have opted which are as (i) Electrical and electronics engineering ( ii ) Electrical and communication engineering ( iii ) Mechanical engineering ( iv ) Civil engineering.

Now since you are B.tech 2nd year student right now so in 2016 you will be B.tech 3rd year student only so you are not eligible for IES 2016 examination.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
9th August 2015, 01:30 PM
Career advisor

No,you are not elligible for IES(Indian Engineering Services) 2016.
IES is the toughest exam conducted by UPSC every year.
Eligibilty:
The applicant must have engineering degree in any discipline.
The general candidate must have atleast 21 years and max. age is 30 years.
The age relaxation is given to the reserved categories according to the rules followed by India.
For more information you can visit www.upsconline.nic.in
9th August 2015, 01:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the Indian Engineering Services exam:

1. Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a AICTE approved institute or UGC approved university. Final year candidates of engineering can also apply for the exam.

2. The age limit is 21-30 years. SC/ST and OBC candidates have upper age relaxation.

No, you can not apply for the IES exam which is conducted by UPSC while studying in third year of engineering.

There are four disciplines in which this exam is conducted:

Mechanical engineering.

Electrical Engineering.

Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

Civil Engineering.
9th August 2015, 05:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Indian Engineering Services or Engineering services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria to appear for this exam is that you must have done your bachelor's degree in engineering or technology in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of B.Tech can also apply for the exam.

But you can not apply for the exam while studying in the third year of engineering. You can apply only in final year of engineering. The best trade for you to appear in IES will be Mechanical engineering.
9th August 2015, 08:02 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Lets check out the eligibility condition for the IES, then we'll come to the conclusion.

1) You must be an Indian resident.

2) Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years. Also there is the provision of age relaxation for other categories as per the government norms.

3) You must have completed your bachelor of engineering course from a recognized university.

So, as you can see, you should have degree in your hand or appearing in the final year to be eligible for the IES paper.

SO, unfortunately you have to wait for one more year. But try to maximise this one in your preparation.
9th August 2015, 09:53 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering service which is a Administrative jobs , The candidates have to appear Civil Service Exam for this post .UPSC is used to conduct this exam which is held in every year.

The eligibility criteria are as follows :

*The candidates should be a graduate in engineering stream i.e B.Tech/B.E or,passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India). or,Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government .

*The age limit is 21 - 30 years there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

*The final year students can also apply for this exam .

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th August 2015, 11:06 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible for this time. Only the candidates who are in final year or B.E/B.Tech completed eligible for IES Examination. IES refers to Indian Engineering Services is conducted by UPSC once in every year.

So After completion of Graduation or during final year of your B.E/B.Tech you will have an eligibility to apply for IES Examination.

And this is conducted in the month of May/June . So the Notification for IES will be released in the month of Feb. Then only you will have a chance to apply for IES.

The pattern of IES examination is Unique compared to other exams. The Exam will be held in 3 days according to the type of paper. And one most important is after clearing of General Awareness paper only you will be eligible for Valuation of other papers of yours.
9th August 2015, 11:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification for the Indian Engineering services examination is bachelor 's degree in any discipline of engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the examination.

You cannot apply for IES exam while studying third year of engineering. You can apply for the exam next year only.
24th July 2019, 08:46 AM
aryaman10

No, you cannot appear.
The basic eligibility criteria to appear in this exam is, the candidate must have attained 21 year of age on the first january of exam year and,
The candidate must have completed or in the final year of b.tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?